Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post-LSAT need for adjustment?!

Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
in General 359 karma
Is anyone else whose LSAT days are over feeling a bit rudderless after their final test? I'm flipping through books I put off reading because of LSAT study but can't settle to start one, am flitting from one thing to another, and am basically lacking direction! I thought it would be straight up celebrating and relaxation but somehow I'm in a zombie-like state of withdrawal following the months of intensive study and knowing what my top priority was every moment of my life outside of work. I know I'll adjust but it's like some sort of mega adjustment today - I feel rudderless!

Anyone else experiencing a weird post-LSAT mental state? Is it just me??

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    It happens. You're so used to dedicating all of your free time to studying that now you feel like you're not doing something right.
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    @emli1000 Yep, that's it - but a distracting work crisis has just hit my radar so now I'm on a mission again!

I really don't do all that well with unstructured down time. Roll on law school and I'll be plenty occupied and back to my driven self again!
    3462 karma
    Haha. I'm eager to see what's that feeling like after the June LSAT.
  • shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
    194 karma
    I feel the same way. Its absolutely bizarre. I feel like I just went through a break up hahaha, I'm used to waking up thinking about LSAT and dreaming about LSAT and now its gone. Hmm.. maybe ill tutor it
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    totally happened to me. haha now I'm retesting though but that time that I wasn't it was weird to go back into not studying lol
    359 karma
    Found my cure! I've enrolled in 7Sage's law school prep course. Drooling over the curriculum...
    3462 karma
    @Marie4lawschool well isn't that lovely lol
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    Yes, I'm with you. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've done a few games post-LSAT...
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Checking TLS, reddit, and 7sage after the LSAT has become an unconscious, compulsive habit as checking Facebook was for me pre-LSAT
    359 karma
    @Allison M Thank goodness! Someone else isn't ready to let go of logic games!
    194 karma
    Haha I saw a logic game on the floor, and I instinctively picked it up to do it. I then realized that I didn't need to. So weird! I also log in here out of habit and without a purpose. ahhhh
  • PublicInterest2018PublicInterest2018 Alum Member
    23 karma
    I went and bought a Pocket Posh logic puzzle book.
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    I kinda sort of do. I actually went crazy! I sat down and started watching the whole season of Jane the Virgin (I love that show!!!!). I have been dancing around like a psycho, and I have been writing my personal statement! I'm thinking about buying a logic game book, but I'm not going to do that till March... I want to see my score first. :-)
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    After the LSAT I dropped into the essays. Now that I'm done with that stuff...I'm trying to work off the weight I gained over the last year while studying.

...and I still do logic games....and sometimes a bit of LR. Can't shake it.
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    I seriously feel like a part of me is missing. Like Shane said I feel like I just went through a break up. I've always compared the LSATS to being in an abusive relationship where you hate it but you just can't let it go. So bizarre. The people who are enrolled in the law school prep course (which honestly I had no idea existed), can you please let me know what your first impressions are?
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    I would have felt that way...but in the two weeks after my LSAT was done, I had 3 papers due including one statistics paper, and then 80 exams to correct, an international flight to catch... :P ; Back home the days flew by fast as I was meeting relatives everyday... and I wasn't expecting my score when it came out..only in the few hours before it was I anxious as people had got their scores and mine had not come out in the first wave :P ... I was happy with my LSAT score but unhappy with the grades I got on my papers specially the stats paper... which shall remain a secret...buried in the depths of time! ;)
    3545 karma
    @"joegotbored-1" OMG tell me about it... that weight loss journey is a serious struggle
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    @tsamvelyan there is like this major discussion thread devoted to this: http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2253 and apart from that... I LOVE the law school prep thing coz Larry has the formula down proper... Law school is designed to lead you to mediocrity as far as grades are concerned... I know this from being an LL.M student and watching tonnes of JDs go that route and going that route my self in some subjects... but if you do EXACTLY what Larry tells you to, you will do fine... a B+ to A+ range with mostly As and A-s will be par for the course.
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    @Nilesh S - Thank you so much. I'm going to check out the thread!!
    194 karma
    I am also dealing with the weight gain. The whole time I just kept telling myself.. this is too important, the gym can wait! And then I saw my passport photo for the test and was like.. uh oh. I better hit my target score hahaha
    3545 karma
    There should be a post-LSAT weight loss program haha.