Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT vs. GRE (comedy)

sk144404sk144404 Core Member
in Off-topic 237 karma

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I was under the impression that the LSAT is the gold standard for Law School Admissions and while schools will not outright say this - the GRE is viewed less favorably since it's (somewhat) easier.

Anyway, I posted a screenshot on snapchat of a practice test I took yesterday (I got a 171) and this guy I know messages me telling me:

1. Test centers are closed AND

2. I should take the GRE instead.

I inform him about the remote proctored version. Before I can mention that the LSAT is a harder exam he goes on about how the law schools prefer the GRE...

He then asked me what my score was - even though he was responding to a post of my score - and recommended I apply to schools (that are not even T50)

I find it funny when people act like this and just thought I would share.

Comments

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

I've had some very smart people give me some really bad advice about LSAT studying and applying for schools. Take it with a grain of salt and stay on the path to success!

• simple_jacksimple_jack Alum Member
    284 karma

Lmao bro I had one guy say that studying for the LSAT will LOWER your score. People are idiots

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Lolol gave me a good laugh

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Wow, I actually never knew that people would view the GRE that highly lol. I thought the typical GRE taker was someone who was taking that test for business school, does very well and then makes a last minute piviot to wanting to be a lawyer and is excited to discover the GRE could be used for some schools in place of the LSAT. I never considered someone would actually think that that the LAW school admissions test would be secondary to GRE. I followed some of the admissions posts on Reddit this cycle and learned a little more about the GRE. The GRE doesn't apply to US News and World report rankings so it really doesn't help schools. If you have a great GRE score and an excellent GPA than I think you might be okay but if you don't have that GPA, top schools will be passing you over as you aren't helping their medians/numbers at all.