Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please... Should I retake? 168

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

Not sure what I should do.
Goal is T14 with money. Gpa is 4.0. To play it safe lets just say average - slightly below average softs.
PT scores were all over the place, with a 166 a week before test day with many 170s weeks and months leading up to it. Average of last 5 before test day was 169.6.

I have a month left until July. Should I just take it and run? Or should I try again.

Comments

• leah8282leah8282 Alum Member
    75 karma

I'm in same boat. Got 169 was PTing mid 170s, had horrific tech issues which totally threw me off, but who knows. Was bummed to be one question away from the goal of 170+ but am shooting for top 5 schools, hopefully with money. 4.0 from college and lots of professional experience / public figure stature from work/writing. Per advice from a mentor who is a prof at harvard law I am taking it again — I don't feel ready, have not been able to study much since I am very involved in organizing against racism + full time work. But I think a lot of it is in the head still, so gonna see what happens. I got the June test for free since my tech was so f'd up in May, so I figure why not, but also slightly worried if I do worse that they'll see it. Keep me posted on what you decide and congrats xx

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

I'd take it again. 168 isn't as "safe" for money as we'd probably like (though it'll almost certainly get you some money somewhere), it'll be an uphill battle for HYS or CCN which is a shame given a 4.0 gpa, your practice testing supports the idea that you can do better consistently, and there's really not much admissions downside to retaking anyway. Assuming you can afford the test fee again and can devote the time to keeping up with your studies, the only decision I'd be making at this point is whether I wanted July or August.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

From your previous comments helping other students, I would guess that you could retest and be more at the upper end of your score band. Though this score is also a very high score to be proud of.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    From your previous comments helping other students, I would guess that you could retest and be more at the upper end of your score band. Though this score is also a very high score to be proud of.

Haha thanks! I think your trying to say It seems like I understand the material? If so, appreciate the hopeful comment! Will be retesting for a higher score