Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with LG

idkwhatimdoingidkwhatimdoing Core Member
in Logic Games 16 karma

I have been studying my butt off for LG, but I cannot for the life of me break 14/2x when I PT. I only have 2 months left to study, starting to feel hopeless. Any tips other than the repetition one? Cause that is not working for me (obviously haha). Please help!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited June 2020 4306 karma

What does your current process look like? Do you follow the same steps each time (consistent method), have easy to read notations that you understand, keep track of the types of games you struggle with? This is what my current step by step process is (of course personalize this so it works for you such as adding or removing certain steps). I typically rage between -1/-2 in a problem set and have about 2-3 minutes to go back and check my work.

1) Read the passage
    a) Understand type of game
    2) Write variables down
    3) Scan Q1 to see possible Game Board Setup
    4) Read/Write each rule out and label
    a) Rule 1, Rule 2, Rule 3, etc.
    b) Highlight what rules you have written down
    5) Pare down your rules
    a) Combine rules
    b) Put variables in slots if possible
    c) Recognize leaders and followers
    6) Create Master Game Board
    a) Create additional GB and label GB 1, GB 2, etc.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Retaking sections can be helpful. And wrong answer journals.

• idkwhatimdoingidkwhatimdoing Core Member
    16 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Retaking sections can be helpful. And wrong answer journals.

Thanks! What doea a wrong answer journal entail? Do you use it for only PT's or for problem sets as well?

16 karma

@"Law and Yoda" said:
    What does your current process look like? Do you follow the same steps each time (consistent method), have easy to read notations that you understand, keep track of the types of games you struggle with? This is what my current step by step process is (of course personalize this so it works for you such as adding or removing certain steps). I typically rage between -1/-2 in a problem set and have about 2-3 minutes to go back and check my work.

1) Read the passage
    2) Write variables down
    5) Pare down your rules
    a) Combine rules

I'm gonna try and make a list like this for myself - thanks!

• 124 karma

@"Law and Yoda" said:

1) Read the passage
    2) Write variables down
    5) Pare down your rules
    a) Combine rules

excellent really very helpful thnx much, i'm trying this on my pt in the am

• s.grant81s.grant81 Free Trial Member
    72 karma

What’s the specific issue you’re having? 2 months is plenty of time. I have a regimen that took me from not having a clue what LG was to -0 every game every test. It’s a lot but it worked great for me.

16 karma

@"s.grant81" said:
    What’s the specific issue you’re having? 2 months is plenty of time. I have a regimen that took me from not having a clue what LG was to -0 every game every test. It’s a lot but it worked great for me.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is - I understand game boards and inferences quite well, and I usually feel confident for at least 3 or 4 questions in a game, but I end up getting lower than I expected cause my little mistakes add up. I guess I need to fix small things, because I'm pretty good at the big picture, if that makes sense. I'm just waiting for that aha moment I guess where everything clicks, not just most things. Would you be willing to share your regimen? How long did it take you to get to -0? (very impressive btw!)

edited June 2020 16 karma