Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making progress: 149 to 166 in 3 months

gogo180gogo180 Member
in General 89 karma

Hey 7sagers,

Just wanted to post in hopes of encouraging people who are in similar situations as I was.

I took my first diagnostic in April and received a disheartening 149. The score only reinforced my existing notion of the LSAT as a terrifying test that I wasn’t sure I would ever do well in. Although I had heard that the LSAT is a skills-based test, I was afraid that I would never be able to do well on it given the immense time pressure. I’m the type of person to work hard but I tend to be a really slow thinker. Reading posts that said people typically never improve more than 12 points only made me more discouraged.

But what can I do! All I knew was that I had set my mind on going to law school and I had to work harder than most people to get the score I wanted. Today marks the 3rd month of serious LSAT studying and I received a 166 on my fourth PT. Although this is by no means as monumental as breaking the 170 threshold, I just wanted to note the progress and encourage anyone who received a poor diagnostic score to just keeping working hard!

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Amazing progress! Keep it up!

• gigi_m1308gigi_m1308 Alum Member
    149 karma

This is so inspiring and motivating. I am currently in a similar situation. A low diagnostic almost caused me to completely throw away the idea of law school but I am so glad I kept with my studies because I am starting to see improvement not only in my test taking, but also in my confidence. Keep up the good work!

• 476 karma

Hi @gogo180,

What would you say helped you the most through your journey? Any study strategies/materials you'd recommend?

Thanks!