Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Sample

nach0049nach0049 Alum Member

Hi all,

Can we complete the writing sample at any time? I am taking the August Flex tomorrow and I know they opened up the writing sample 8 days ago, but I just want to verify that I'll be able to complete it on test day or in the days following. The language on LSAC's site just says candidates can complete "starting 8 days prior to their LSAT administration."

Logistically, do I need to sign up for a Proctor U time slot or is it an LSAC proctored thing?

Thanks!

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

You can take the writing sample after the flex (that's what I'll be doing), but you should take it as soon as possible since it needs to be processed and we won't be getting our scores back until that's done. I think we will need to sign up for Proctor U since LSAC doesn't do any proctoring themselves but I could be wrong

• Jannyboy_16Jannyboy_16 Core Member
    66 karma

Do we take the writing sample through the lsac website or through Proctor U?

• vinnyowenvinnyowen Member
    79 karma

Is there a deadline for when you must have it completed (for those taking August flex)?

• BullfroggerBullfrogger Member
    184 karma

You can't see your score until it is submitted.

• alyson.taylor23alyson.taylor23 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Believe that we take the LSAC writing through the LSAC site, it'll redirect you to download a separate software application called PSI. PSI is where you'll be taking the writing portion of the exam. Our scores won't be released until they have our writing on file, but I believe you have about a year after your test date to actually do the writing section (which I wouldn't want to wait that long to receive my score anyways)

• itllbealrightitllbealright Member
    16 karma

Anyone know if we can take the writing sample more than once? I know we can't take it on its own... But say we retake the exam, can we redo the writing sample?

• marycatehmarycateh Member
    13 karma

@itllbealright LSAC's website says to contact them if you want to retake the writing sample. I haven't confirmed it, but I do think you can retake it.

• Jannyboy_16Jannyboy_16 Core Member
    66 karma

Any tips for the writing sample?

• kamelbrooklynkamelbrooklyn Alum Member
    36 karma

Hey all- I took the writing sample the day before scores were released last time and still got my score. I don’t recommend that I’m just saying. The “deadline” is before scores are released otherwise you won’t get yours.
    Have a calm space for your writing sample. The pressure won’t be as on like on the test, but it will still be timed and technically proctored.
    You can say whatever you want. They give you an argument and you get to pick both sides. It can be as long as you want. I really wouldn’t sweat it. Just get it done eventually. I waited until after because I don’t need to tack on more crap in my life but don’t wait too long or you’ll get out of the LSAT groove.