Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: How Crucial is it to have the most recent PTs in Digital Format?

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited September 2020 in General 5740 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user:]

How crucial is it to have the most recent PTs in Digital format? I have some PTs in paper form. And I still have a good amount of PT material left from my current 7Sage material.

Comments

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

I always score higher on paper PTs than digital PTs because it's easier for me to focus and retain information when I read on paper...so I wouldn't take a PT in paper form because there's a chance it may inflate your score, even by a point or two :(
    I especially think it's important to practice with the interface that you'll be using on test day so you're familiar with it and don't waste precious time trying to figure things out

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

There is such a large difference between writing PT's in the digital format vs. written that if you have the opportunity to do a PT in digital form I would take it. That being said, if finances are a concern the most important thing is that you get the familiarity with the digital format, and it seems you have an ample amount of tests to get there. Format aside, the most recent PT's are crucial to your LSAT preparation, especially for LR. The section has evolved in a way that you have to be ready for how the test presents certain question types that you would be doing yourself a disservice if you do not do PT's. 80-89!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

It doesnt matter if you score higher or lower on paper than on digital. You always want to practice what will be on test day. For me, even the changes in font from 7sage digital to lsac threw me off for a bit. I recommend you always practice on digital, and use LSAC's lawhub format. Personally, I always did full PTs in the digital format. But, on BR days I would sometimes print out the questions /games on paper. Sometimes I felt I was getting too distracted by the digital stuff. Basically, take your PTs on digital, even if you score worse on it. It needs to be close to test day.

• mtlyon2012mtlyon2012 Core Member
    19 karma

it would be extremely beneficial to have the most recent tests in digital format. I believe especially for people aiming in the 165+ range the strategies developed and created using the online format are going to be better put to use if they are practiced on that platform rather than on paper.