Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 sage course?

dubistdudubistdu Free Trial Member
in General 26 karma
I had to halt my study since last September test (yikes) and I am ready to jump back into LSAT. I only had 3 months to prepare for September 2014 Lsat and was hoping to have a good year to prepare for this coming October test but with a newborn baby (born on Dec, 2014) and a full time job, it just was impossible to make any time for a study.
I hope past study was not a complete waste of time.
I am considering taking 7 sage premium course. Has anyone had a big improvement after taking the course? Also, how does upgrade work? If I start with premium then want to sign up for Ultimate, do I just pay the difference or do I have to pay Thor the full Ultimate course?
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    Yep I shot up 14 points from my diagnostic... 7sage materials are the best in the industry... and you can upgrade and all you have to do is to pay the difference... that said, I would go for the ultimate straight up at this time due to LSACs new rules about the PT PDFs, download all the PDFs and keep them for later use as I do not know what the situation wold be later on.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    ^ def what Nilesh said. I feel like I just saved every PT available on the ultimate course. Took forever but I had no choice lol
  • dubistdudubistdu Free Trial Member
    edited March 2015 26 karma
    I have most of the tests - all the actual 10s and some PDFs except the very recent 2 tests. Will that make a difference? Do 7 sage PDFs contain extra material?
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @emli1000 did you buy all the PTs that don't come with the ultimate package? I want to get them before the 7Sage license runs out (April 24th), but I want to make sure there won't be a flash sale due to the circumstances >.<!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    In my honest opinion, you want everything the course has to offer. Aside from the fact that the PDF's might be going away, the explanations in their abundance are well worth what you will have to pay and even worth more. To me, the PT's, analytics and other frills are just icing on the cake. The true worth of this course lies in all the explanations that you get.
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I agree with @emli1000 and @"Nilesh S" I just did the same with downloading the PTs. I probably rushed into buying the one I was missing (PT 73) before seeing if there would be a sale but oh well. I now have all PTs...I think.

7Sage is excellent. I used PowerScore studying for the September 2014 test for 3-4 months. I barely made an improvement. I found 7Sage at the very end of my prep, learned the hard way that I should have used 7Sage initially, and started prepping for a retake in January. I took a few months off, I needed it for mental clarity. I registered for the Starter course and paid for the upgrades. I wish I would have gotten the Ultimate at the beginning because you have longer access with that if you buy it at first. But I think it will be ok. I've already made amazing strides in my prep. I've made more improvement with 7Sage than I made in my entire time using PowerScore. And I'm about 17% through the Ultimate course. The benefit of the 7Sage PDFs are the video explanations for every question. And BR has been a godsend for me.

I personally don't think my past study was worthless, it gave me a thin foundation for the LSAT and also an idea of where I am improving. I can remember for example struggling with Weakening questions or conditional logic and now getting it. Furthermore, my opinion is that everyone learns differently and that is why different prep companies work great for some and not so great for others. I think also it takes a combination of materials to reach your true potential and to figure out
    your personal strategy.

Best Wishes!
  • masoodkmasoodk Member
    7 karma
    Guys!

I am writing LSAT on December 2015. Plus I am full-time in school. I am so nervous and not sure how to go about studying for LSAT. I was thinking of purchasing the ultimate package. Is it worth it?
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @masoodk Sure it's worth it! Have you tried any other LSAT prep material? The Ultimate Package is going to give you more video explanations and longer access. Have you seen the LG videos? They'll give you a feel for the videos. The explanations are golden in my opinion. I also use The Trainer to supplement 7Sage. I don't think you can go wrong with these two. Either or, or both and you'll be ok. Will you be ready for December? Nobody will be able to give you a definite answer because that depends on you. Some people pick things up quicker than others. Do you have the time needed to devote to studying? If you so, will you? Those will all determine if you'll be ready for December. I'm not sure if the free trial period is still offered, if so, sign up and see how you like the course.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @masoodk that is a really short timeline, especially if you are in school. This is not a process that needs to be rushed so I would say that the Ultimate package is the best bang for your buck and will set you up nicely for the June or fall 2016 administration.