Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manhattan Prep RC Strategy Guide

brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 1489 karma
I was wondering if anyone was willing to share their experience with Manhattan Prep's materials, specifically their Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide. A little background, I have worked my way through the 7sage curriculum, the LSAT Trainer and am currently drilling using the Cambridge Packets, 1-38. All of those things have been wonderfully helpful. I am now PTing regularly and am scoring between 166-171. RC is my most variable section and I am wondering if their guide can help me with consistency. I have read elsewhere (TLS) that Manhattan Prep's materials are good for those approaching the 170's.

Also, a specific question for anyone that has used the book, which PTs are the passages pulled from? Are they newer than 38? I want to make sure that I don't "contaminate" a PT that I haven't taken fully-timed. I can't seem to find a straight answer to that question on their website, their online forum or from their customer service reps. Thanks!

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I think @"Nilesh S" may be able to share his experience with the Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Thanks, @emli1000!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Ive actually been going through Manhattan RC and its not bad... granted it is basics of course, stuff that everyone knows but I think the presentation and built in drills are the helpful part... Idk how helpful it is atm but I do like how its put together. as for PTs they are kind of scarred unfortunately, some in the 40s 50s, not a lot but there are some
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Yes they are new passages and the guide REALLY helps out.. it gives you a system to approach the RC... how to create a structure... what to look for in a passage all of that kind of stuff... also how to rule out some answers and how to zone in on others... its a great resource!!!
    3438 karma
    Before that I was getting like 18 or 19 right... and after that, it never dropped below 22 and was closer to 24 - 26 except for the actual exam when it dropped to 20 because I RAN out of time and missed one full 7 question passage...
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Okay, great. I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. Thank you both for your help!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited March 2015 12637 karma
    @emli1000 I think @"Nilesh S" uses "she/her" pronouns. :P
    I was sooo wrong...
    3438 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" umm actually I use "he/his" ; Sorry - my bad if it seemed the other way :P
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited March 2015 12637 karma
    Whoops, could've sworn I saw you correct someone on a post a while back. My bad, @"Nilesh S"

3438 karma
    Lol @"Dillon A. Wright" it was actually me telling @emli1000 that I used "he/him" pronouns :D