Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addenda for 3 LSAT takes?

jackmmmmjackmmmm Yearly Member

I took the LSAT 3 times--- Jan, July, and Oct 2020 (I wont know my Oct score until the day I submit). Should I write an addenda for discussing my 3x takes? It;s not a crazy number, so I wasn't planning on it, but now I'm unsure. I dont know what I just got, but my first 2 takes were a 162, 164. Thoughts?

Comments

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

No. Less is usually more with applications. You have good scores and three takes is not abnormal. I would only write an addendum to explain a large score drop.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I don't think theres a need for 3 takes, I feel like 2-3 is pretty average.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

In reference to @Climb_to_170 's comment, and in agreement with @Logician it might be a good idea to have an addendum ready just in case you have a significant score drop. I think it is probably pretty common for low or mid 160's scorers to test again because there is an enormous amount of difference in the programs you can get into in that range of the curve with just a few points. If you suddenly get a 157 you have the outline of an addendum ready to go, but a school will probably understand if you wanted a 165+ and kept trying for it but hit 160-164 three times. This, of course, assumes that you are not a strong reverse splitter and aiming for a school with a median a couple points or more above 164. Then you may want to consider if an addendum is important to contextualize your LSAT in connection to your high GPA.