Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Seeing Improvement, Tips

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in General 239 karma
Whats up guys, on my most recent PT my score jumped 5 points. I know this could very well be a fluctuation, but with this PT I really took the "Lowest hanging fruit" strategy seriously, by skipping almost every question I wasn't sure of then going back to it if I had time. Any tips on continuing to improve? At this point skipping questions is still a viable option because realistically I want to score in the high 150's. By the way it was prep test 72, in my opinion the LG section was the most difficult I've seen thus far. Thanks guys.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Just keep studying, drilling and pting and getting your approaches down better and better and you'll keep increasing speed and accuracy
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Some strategies work best for different "seasons" of study; if the "lowest hanging fruit" strategy works right now, keep using what works. There may come a time when you phase it out, but it might work for you for the long term, too. Don't be afraid to "shed" strategies if you outgrow them!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    What section do you find yourself doing this the most?
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    How many questions per section, on average; how long have you been studying, and are you automatically skipping certain types of questions (any of the parallels, for example) or skipping because, after reading the stimulus and answer choices, you aren't able to find an answer without spending several minutes on it?
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    @AlexanderL0 everyone uses the lowest hanging fruit strategy, even the 170+ test takers. The only difference is that for the 170+ test takers, the lowest hanging fruit constitutes a very large percentage of the questions. So you want to work towards making a greater percentage of questions on the test "low hanging fruit" for you. After each test, figure out which ones were not low haning fruit, understand why, and shore up the logic/skillsets you need to make that low hanging fruit.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    Yeah for the time being the lowest hanging fruit is working just fine.
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    What is your current score? A high 150s is obtainable. Just as others have said, keep practicing and blind review every question you have trouble answering (even if it takes you all day to blind review your circled questions). Check out lsathacks.com for simple explanations on tough questions; this website has helped me greatly improve.