Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nathan Fox LSAT SF

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in General 239 karma
Hey guys, I'm starting an in-class LSAT prep in San Francisco called Nathan Fox LSAT prep. Has anyone heard of it? It has really good reviews online and I was wondering if anyone is in the area. The books he writes have really good reviews as well.

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I've never taken a class of his, but his podcast is excellent with a ton of good information. He does it with another LSAT teacher in DC, Ben Olson. They're both very knowledgeable about their trade. I'm sure taking a class from either one of them would be very beneficial. The podcast name is "The Thinking LSAT Podcast." They just released episode 30.
  • lsatcommittedlsatcommitted Alum Member
    166 karma
    also, i have his book, Disrespecting the LSAT. its a fantastic read, hilarious but informative..
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I heard Nathan Fox's class is excellent. My guess is, like any course catered to the masses, there will be parts that are helpful, parts that won't. I have heard though that he's an excellent private tutor though his prices are steep.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    $_$
    edited April 2015 7965 karma
    Actually he's not too high—looks like around $290 an hour.

*Correction: seems $300 is definitely near the upper ceiling of the "normal range." You can tell I've never seriously looked into the prices of such things because ...

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Chump change really. It's what they give to the losers in Mario Party
    7965 karma
    Yeah I mean that's only one night at the Waldorf Astoria. NBD.

Oh and also my car payment ;-)
  • msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
    183 karma
    Hey AlexanderLO! I've heard good things about Nathan Fox's prep. A few of my friends took his class and they raved about their experience. I've also attended a presentation that he gave at my college on the LSAT and what his course will teach you. One thing of note: he's kind of a no BS kind of guy, he'll give it to you straight/tell it like it is (IMO, WAYYY more useful than prep test companies like Kaplan buttering you up when they're actually completely useless).

All in all, if you have the $ and the time, go for it. Otherwise, 7Sage Ultimate! Best purchase I've made for sure :)
    7965 karma
    Yeah @msizzle27 we'be already got the best there is right here ! I mean really ... The ability to replay videos alone :)
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    275 karma
    @AlexanderL0 I've heard and read good things about Fox LSAT as well, but would you mind if I ask how long have you been studying for LSAT and how long have you been using 7Sage? Though I make the caveat that everyone is different and has different learning abilities, I would encourage you to stick with one test prep methodology through to the end before trying others. I've tried juggling 7Sage with some of the ManhattanPrep books, the slight variations in nuance and slight differences in their approach were enough to get me mixed up whenever I attempted logical reasoning questions. Ironically, I did find that consulting other sources did help to improve my logic games in terms of being able to better categorize the game types and know what to do immediately from reading the game scenario. As for reading comp, I think the memory method is pretty solid only because it's helped me better than the ManhattanPrep book.
    Good luck and I hope you figure out what works best for you!
    7965 karma
    @kingofclubs323 an excellent point. Why not exhaust the 7sage curriculum that's already been purchased? Not only for the financial considerations, but just to avoid cross-contamination of teaching methods...
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Have you ever read any of his books? I mean 7Sage is really the best out there, you know. lol but at least make sure that these two go along smooth because you don't want to confuse what you've learned through 7Sage once you enroll in a new course.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    edited May 2015 1049 karma
    I prefer 7Sage. JY fosters a respectful atmosphere where even people who score crazy high like JY are humble and empathetic. Fox's podcasts are kind of smug, some good material but not earth shattering.