Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canada -Ontario Applicants

I have a question for Canadian Applicants. I applied to 4 Ontario schools, I just wrote the LSAT this month and I know I didn’t do well. I am already registered for the January exam, does anyone know what would happen to my application if I cancel my score and just use whatever score I get in January?

Comments

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

Are you sure you didn't do well?

I think we're poor at estimating how we actually did on these tests.

I don't think I did well on the Nov FLEX either but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if I did better than I thought.

Cancelling gives you very little benefit, especially if, in your case, the schools don't average scores.

You will be considered with your Jan score though, if you do decide to cancel.

• LegallyBrunettteLegallyBrunettte Core Member
    74 karma

As long as you've indicated on OLSAS that you will be taking the Jan LSAT you will be fine.

If you haven't you can go to the LSAT section on OLSAS and edit when you will be taking it. It's one of the few things you can edit after applications have been submitted. As long as you write an LSAT before the cut off days for your schools you will be fine.

The schools in Ontario take the highest LSAT score on your record so I don't think that cancelling a score would negatively affect your application.

• BarbaraDBarbaraD Member
    90 karma

Thank you everyone, this was super helpful!

This was my first LSAT and I panicked and ended up blanking out on the whole test. I am just worried about these school seeing such a low score

• salmabrkt19salmabrkt19 Core Member
    16 karma

I think it would depend on how you feel about the other components of your application. So if you feel that your GPA and personal essay were great, then I wouldn’t worry too too much about your LSAT. Especially because the January period is the very last one you can use. If I were you, I would rather law schools see a score then none at all. Plus, from my understanding UofT and York (if you applied to those), take the highest score, so if you do score better in January, it will look good for you. Hope that helps and good luck!