Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about LOR

I didn’t ask him to but one of my recommenders sent me the letter that he submitted for me. In the letter he says things like “she will excel at any law school she attends” and “it would be a mistake for any law school to not accept her” which make it sound like a good letter to use for all schools. However, he works at Harvard law school and in the letter he said “I would love to be able to have her in my class again at Harvard Law School”. Can I still submit this to all law schools? My numbers make it very unlikely that I will get into Harvard law school and my top choice is BC. Will it be bad for BC to know I am also applying to Harvard?

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

hmm. could it be that he meant it more like, he'd be happy to have you as a student again in general, not just at HLS?

• 769 karma

@kilgoretrout said:
    hmm. could it be that he meant it more like, he'd be happy to have you as a student again in general, not just at HLS?

His exact words were “ I would be delighted to have her as a student again at Harvard Law School, and I think she will excel at any law school she chooses to attend.”

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I would use that for any school, unless other language makes it seemed more focused. Just based on what you've presented, its fine.