PT61.S4.Q5 - Abridgment of Shakespeare’s Hamlet

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited November 2020 in Logical Reasoning 1470 karma

_I found this section really strange I'm not sure why. I ended up doing well on it but for some reason flagged the first 5 questions... I think I was being overly cautious and doubting myself.

Anyways, struggling to understand question 5; unless I'm just being really dense here... where on earth does the stimulus indicate in ANY WAY that it is an actor who wrote the abridgement?

I understand in MSS it's MOST strongly supported so there is wiggle room, but I would think there has to be some indication? Unless I'm missing something here nothing indicated to me in the stimulus who would have written the abridgement. Maybe I just didn't understand what these premises were trying to articulate._

Thanks for any help with this!

Admin Note: I deleted the stimulus and answer choices as it is against our Forum Rules to post LSAT questions on the Forum.

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-61-section-4-question-05/

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

I think one indicator that it is an actor would be the fact that the speeches from one character are completely accurate while the others aren’t. I would think shakespeare himself would accurately render all portions since he is the author but an actor who only had to learn his lines probably wasn’t as careful with the other characters’ dialogue as he was with his. This isn’t a must be true so this isn’t 100% proven for sure.
    And I didn’t pick E because we have no indication of what the actor was intending to do.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2020 8486 karma

This is one of those weird ones where support isn't great for anything, so you need to focus on which AC has the most support. @"ashley.tien" You're right in picking out the accuracy of one character as the support for an actor, as opposed to Shakespeare who would be expected to portray all characters accurately or at least with more consistent accuracy.

• 1952 karma

this question reminds me of the time when jy said that some mss questions are like main point questions where the conclusion is removed from the stimulus and tucked away in the answer choices (https://7sage.com/lesson/how-to-approach-most-strongly-supported-questions/)

answer choice c is like a hypothesis that explains the scholars' puzzlement, consistent with and is being supported by the facts given.