Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade my Course before April 21st deadline?

marshy721marshy721 Alum Member
in General 36 karma
I am planning on taking the September LSAT this fall. I had been considering possibly upgrading from LSAT Premium to LSAT Ultimate down the road for access to more video explanations and practice problems. I was going to wait until I finished the problems I have access too now. However, with the new restrictions, this will no longer be an option since the PDFs are disappearing on April 21st. Should I upgrade my course now simply for access to those precious PDFs, practice problems, and LSAT tests?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I'd say yes if you want access to the printed problem sets and tests... you can download them... though the value of the 7sage course is in the explanations...but having the actual problem sets that are keyed to the videos to work with and the tests to print out as many times as you want is a definite convenience.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Def would recommend it. You have a solid amount of time before the September LSAT and you want to review the curriculum and drill as much as possible. Plus, you get access to a lot of the most recent PTs, which you should def take, so I don't see the drawback from upgrading.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Yes upgrade now and download right away! I predict there will be a "crush" of folks downloading as we get closer to the date, so I would download them prior to that. And you'll retain the access to videos/explanations, etc. with the added benefit of not having to purchase separate test materials. 100% buy and download PDF's today, if you can :)
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    I would say it is a no brainer to upgrade now and get all the pdfs forever! muaaahhahahaha (evil laugh)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yes! do it asap! and download everything!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited April 2015 12637 karma
    It's def worth it. You get the video explanations + the PDFs without having to buy the PTs elsewhere if you manage to grab them all before the 21st (7sage.com/download-pdfs/).

I know I'm staff and all and being all "buy, buy buy!" is kinda sorta my job (not really but y'know), but I'm speaking from a personal point of view.

Just keep in mind that upgrading from Premium -- Ultimate will only give you +1 extra month instead of the full +6 months.

Edit: Actually @marshy721 since you recently purchased Premium, email me after you upgrade and I'll add the remaining 6 months: dillon@7sage.com
    7965 karma
    D'awwww @"Dillon A. Wright" so nice, takin' care of the students ... :'-)
  • marshy721marshy721 Alum Member
    36 karma
    Okay I will look at my study schedule and I will seriously consider it because those video explanations and tests are really indispensable. Also, I don't want to be looking elsewhere for practice problems and practice tests (without the explanations) down the road. Thank you all for your input, it's much appreciated!

Do you guys think with a LSAT committed mind set and study schedule, I could get through the material of the Ultimate package by October? That was my previous thought... that I would be able to get through Premium and then maybe upgrade once I get through it all. Is the ultimate package something I could see to completion by October with a dedicated 4-5 hours per day?
  • SnowballSnowball Member
    111 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I upgraded from Basic to Ultimate shortly after I purchased the Basic; I emailed you but I didn't get extra six months... I'm crying here...:(
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    that's bullshit u spent a lot of money on upgrading it should include the 6months extra, because now you have paid for two packages
    7965 karma
    @marshy721 Go for it—I think that's plenty of time at this point. BUT. I would caution you to only sign up when you're sure you're ready! Better to train as if you'll take in October and decide to hold off at the last minute than to pay $170 only to reschedule (or cancel) in September because you don't feel ready.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I mean the way the membership works is clearly stated including that you only get a partial extension by upgrading... I would *assume* the offer is partially because of the PDF fiasco so they are being extra giving/kind. If you happened to have very recently purchased and upgrades your course then maybe you should get the extended time, but if it was earlier on then I wouldn't think its the same really so I wouldn't call BS so quickly without knowing all the facts IMO (not saying there won't be any extension, just don't jump to conclusions here-also has he replied?I'd think he's pretty busy around now)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @hrjones44 said:
    that's bullshit u spent a lot of money on upgrading it should include the 6months extra, because now you have paid for two packages
    You're not paying double. You've paid the $179 for Starter (for example) and you're only paying the difference to upgrade to Premium and/or Ultimate. It's stated in our FAQ that upgrading packages only gives you +1 month.
    If I enroll in a course, can I upgrade later?
    Yup. You can upgrade to a more extensive course and just pay the difference between the two courses. When you upgrade a course, from Starter to Premium or Premium to Ultimate, your access period goes up by one month. Upgrading from Starter to Ultimate increases your access period by two months.

Note that it's a better deal to get the course you want right away, since you get more months of access way. For example, getting Starter and upgrading to Ultimate gives you a total of five months of access. If you just got Ultimate to begin with, you'd have twelve months of access. An extra seven months for the same price!

You can also extend your access by going to Add Ons.
  • marshy721marshy721 Alum Member
    36 karma
    I went ahead and took the plunge and upgraded. I honestly think at the price point and the kind of responsiveness and customer service that comes with 7sage, it's just worth the upgrade. I'd rather have all the practice problems, the practice tests and video explanations in one place rather than worry about finding them down the road. Thank you all for your advice and all that you put into making this website run as smoothly as it does.
    edited April 2015 7965 karma
    Woohoo, @marshy721 ! You won't regret it.

And I echo the kudos to the marvelous staff.