Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better to study on computer or on paper?

samuelhirschsamuelhirsch Yearly Member
in General 30 karma

I am unsure whether the flex will still be administered when I sign up to take the exam (aiming to take it april-may)
Should i be studying on print outs of the questions, or should i stick to the virtual questions, which would simulate the flex lsat more accurately?

Tips on switching between paper/virtual lsats?

Comments

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

Good question.

Definitely I think you should use both. Paper because as a medium it allows you to see problems differently. Your pen is next to your questions, you can underline, notate, etc. I did most of my studying on paper. I printed a lot of the questions and sections. I did 1-40 broken down by question type on paper. I also did PT 50-60 all on paper. 70 -89 on lawhub.

The virtual aspect comes in for test prep. You need to practice exam conditions and get used to doing it on a screen, it's not much different though. The exam will be on FLEX I think until the summer at least.

No particular advice. Do individual questions, do sections, do whole exams and refine your process as you go along. I find I like the LSAT online more, especially for RC. I like the highlight and underline features, even if they are a little buggy at times. And you can cross out questions just as easily as on paper.

Just remember to look away from your screen while you're testing, esp for LR. I find I become fixated sometimes and staring at the screen/questions for too long sometimes makes me not detach enough to see a gap in reasoning if its a tough question.

Good luck!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited January 2021 4306 karma

Regardless of Flex or in person testing, LSAT is administered in a digital format. You're better off taking practice tests on a computer. I don't see harm in drilling questions on paper or doing LG on paper (I printed all the LG games and didn't have an issue transitioning to a digital format).

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Are you international? If not, and you don't have paper accommodations, you'd still use the same digital interface (albeit on a tablet) if they ever go back to the previous method. I'd just stick with the interface here and/or on LawHub until we hear indication of what direction they're going. April-May isn't that far away.