Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I submit my applications before receiving all my letters of recommendation?

Hi! I'm waiting on one other recommender to submit their letter, but would like to submit my application. I know for graduate school, they allow you to submit your application before having all your LoRs on file. Does LSAC do the same thing? Or should I wait for the last letter to be uploaded?
Thank you! :)

Comments

• parkdan7070parkdan7070 Core Member
    edited January 2021 50 karma

You could submit all your applications but the school will just keep your application on file and "incomplete" until all of your LORs are in! So I'd honestly just wait to save yourself the back and forth communication from all the schools about incomplete application.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

i dont think so because you have to assign letters to each application. i know grad schools let you pay, submit your application and then continue working on supporting documents until the deadline but for LSAC im pretty sure you just submit everything as one package.

• brlibrizzibrlibrizzi Member
    10 karma

Ok! Thank you both for the help! I really appreciate it!
    Have a great day! :)

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

You can submit even if if your LORs haven't been uploaded yet. I previously called LSAC about this. You can assign the LOR/recommender to a school; then hit submit. Your application will be marked incomplete with the school, but once the letter is uploaded, LSAC will send it over.