Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good luck to everyone today!

emmorensemmorens Core Member

I'm a Tuesday test taker, just wanted to wish everyone else good luck. Remember to stay steady, focused and, consistent! Don't rush through the questions simply because it's test day. Do whatever you normally do on your practice tests - we've got this!

Comments

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

Best of luck to you also my friend <3 Hope you enjoy a relaxing day after this!

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

Something that I learned from my previous experience for any nervous test takers today...I found covering the red light that indicates the webcam is on to be helpful! It doesn't interfere with anything at all. Just is less stressful than to have a creepy red light staring at you :)

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

@kaatriana Thanks, you as well if you're writing! <3

Oh that's good to know!! Does it appear on the screen or on your computer? I am on a Mac but I'm not sure I remember seeing a red light when I checked my equipment.

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

@emmorens said:
    @kaatriana Thanks, you as well if you're writing! <3

Oh that's good to know!! Does it appear on the screen or on your computer? I am on a Mac but I'm not sure I remember seeing a red light when I checked my equipment.

It’s next to the actual webcam. Mine is a white light. 😊

1470 karma

@metz994 awesome thank you, mine is green. Just took care of it 😊

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@kaatriana said:
    Something that I learned from my previous experience for any nervous test takers today...I found covering the red light that indicates the webcam is on to be helpful! It doesn't interfere with anything at all. Just is less stressful than to have a creepy red light staring at you

This is a great tip. Knowing I’m being “watched” makes me feel hyperaware of myself and way more nervous.

I’m writing today at 12:30. I’m trying to tell myself this will be like any other prep test I’ve taken. There’s no reason why it should be any different. Good luck everyone!

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

It definitely felt weird being watched until I was able to get in my focus groove

1470 karma

@whatsmyname I had trouble focusing for some reason as well. It felt SO normal to my regular practice that I felt I had to remind myself it was the real thing...

606 karma

@emmorens said:
    @whatsmyname I had trouble focusing for some reason as well. It felt SO normal to my regular practice that I felt I had to remind myself it was the real thing...

I wish I felt like you. My chest was pounding the first 30 minutes. And i messed up games because of the timer, I started freaking out that I'm not seeing the inferences and jumped into the questions. God such a fail

606 karma

@whatsmyname said:

@emmorens said:

I wish I felt like you. My chest was pounding the first 30 minutes. And i messed up games because of the timer, I started freaking out that I'm not seeing the inferences and jumped into the questions. This was your first time right? What an experience...

and god i feel like such a fail

606 karma

@whatsmyname said:

@whatsmyname said:

@emmorens said:

I wish I felt like you. My chest was pounding the first 30 minutes. And i messed up games because of the timer, I started freaking out that I'm not seeing the inferences and jumped into the questions. This was your first time right? What an experience...

606 karma

@whatsmyname said:

@whatsmyname said:

@whatsmyname said:

@emmorens said:

606 karma

wow i meant to edit all those posts, sorry