Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elemental Prep Logic Games Tutoring

Anyone use Elemental Prep tutoring for Logic Games?

Looking to hear people's experiences/feedback/etc.

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, I have heard many people use many different prep services for logical reasoning and reading comprehension but 7Sage's LG prep is the best in my opinion and that kind of the general consensus I've heard from people who have use a wide variety of prep. But I have never used Elemental Prep.

• zoomzoomzoomzoom Member
    462 karma

I'll say this as someone who previously tutored with Elemental Prep.

As well known as the company is for LR tutoring, it was the LG tutoring that was by far the most revolutionary for me. I cannot disclose this due to a previous agreement, but I would suggest giving them a call for an initial consultation.

When I first called them, the person told me the LG approach would allow me to finish with 5ish minutes to spare. I was very skeptical...until I started the actual tutoring.

I was blown away because it went against the grain and was a very unorthodox approach to LG I had never seen before. It does not conform to any of the approaches that major prep companies endorse. The approach is unique and very creative and I have yet to see anyone else quite mimic it.

I hope what I say doesn't sound like fairy tales because it is not. It really was truly effective for me and I would never have known this approach had I not done the tutoring. I went from -5/-6 to consistently getting perfect or -1.

The only downside I would say is that the company's tutoring is extremely expensive. Just take a look at their website and you'll see their hourly rate, which is very high.

It is not my place to suggest how anyone should spend their money as that is one's own decision based on their values.

For me, their LR approach is solid but their LG approach is pure gold.

• detroit_suzukadetroit_suzuka Alum Member
    194 karma

I also know a person who did with elemental prep logic games tutoring and became worse in logic games.

She had to go back to the 7sage method to get back to the -2 which she was averaging.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I think paying for more out of pocket for law school might be less expensive than those tutoring rates! lol

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

$1000 tutoring . $500 an hour bless your hearts I could never afford.. lol . This test is no joke

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited March 2021 8313 karma

I've heard Ellen is very good. Can't comment on whether it's worth the cost, but I will say that I disagree with her business model's propagation of socioeconomic disparities in access to legal education. Thats just my uninformed opinion though.... business is business.

She was supposed to have a LG book coming out... not sure if that's still in the works given the upcoming changes, but it would be interesting to see.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I also heard she was writing an LG book, I think it was in a podcast she did on LSAT Unplugged about Loophole? That was a while ago, and I haven't been able to find anything about a release date...