Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Maximize the Last 10 Days

How are others spending the home stretch before the test? I'm wondering what the best ways to maximize the last ten days are - focus on practice tests to simulate test day, review particular problem sets / problem types, review logic fundamentals, or something different. I've completed all of the core curriculum except for some of the RC problem sets, and am curious what others are finding most helpful in the build up to test day.

Comments

• wilsonnnwilsonnn Member
    65 karma

Saved this post, I’m in the same boat and would love to hear from others.
    Right now I’m planning on sticking to my regular schedule, but I’m also feeling a bit stressed between the looming test and working full time. The rest of this week will probably be drilling and single timed sections. Friday/Saturday I’m going to relax, then Sunday will probably be my last PT before the real thing the following weekend.

• 424 karma

Following, but my plan is mostly rest-based. I’ll do LGs most days to stay sharp, and I’ll try to keep reading a lot of “difficult material” to stay conditioned, but my primary goal is to rest the brain. (PS PowerScore has a great podcast on this).

• nhill110nhill110 Member
    32 karma

Following as well, I'm planning on taking a PT on Saturday and then just drilling timed sections M-Th of next week.

I'm currently scoring in the mid 160s and looking for a strategy to take me into the 170s, but not sure if it's feasible in a week. Any advice?

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

Also following. I was planning on taking a PT on Sunday and then another on Wednesday. I study on average 5-6 hours a day. Based off the comments on this post, it sounds others will be doing more leisure studying. I was planning on taking Friday off from studying before the test. Maybe I should reconsider intense studying before? Comments are welcomed on this matter!

• acquadiiceacquadiice Core Member
    121 karma

@"Hal Incandenza" said:
    Following, but my plan is mostly rest-based. I’ll do LGs most days to stay sharp, and I’ll try to keep reading a lot of “difficult material” to stay conditioned, but my primary goal is to rest the brain. (PS PowerScore has a great podcast on this).

care to link the podcast?

• StrugglebusStrugglebus Member
    edited April 2021 12 karma

Following. My plan is to take a PT Saturday and Tuesday. With the days in between I plan on taking timed sections/review the PT's I just took. I'm debating on taking Friday off or not. I feel like a light LG section can't hurt, but help.

I have another question, what is everyone doing before the exam/ how are you going to warm up??

• OlorintheGreyOlorintheGrey Member
    57 karma

I've read that one should be careful with how many tests you take. If your weekend test this weekend is a good score, perhaps don't take another one, just do section drilling.

I made the mistake of bombing a midweek test two days before showtime in January.

Messed me up, scored better than my recent bomb, but lower than my goal.

• SweetyC137SweetyC137 Member
    80 karma

My plan is to simulate test day as much as possible for the next 10 days. I will be taking a few timed PT's (Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, and possible one or two more sometime next week) at the exact same time that I have my actual test scheduled. On my off days I will be going over my answers in depth and doing what I normally do with writing down my wrong answers in my journal.

One thing that I make sure to do is clear everything off of my desk so that it will look exactly how I want it to look come test day as well. That way I am completely comfortable with my surroundings and I'm not thrown off by having an empty desk on actual test day.

I think the key for the last 10 days is to really be comfortable with the testing conditions. We have studied SO much and have worked our asses off to make sure we really understand the fundamentals. Now it's just time to get our timing down and not be doubting ourselves because we will kick ass! :)

• 424 karma

@acquadiice said:

@"Hal Incandenza" said:

Cheers!

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-podcast-episode-9-test-week-preparation/

• jvbjvb11jvbjvb11 Core Member
    edited April 2021 3 karma

I'm a first-time test-taker. I plan on doing a timed LG daily for sure, perhaps a timed LR or RC if I'm up for it. I also have PTs 84-89 unwritten so I plan to hit those over the next 10 days, and then drill some of the LG question types I struggle with (parallel reasoning specifically).

• itonydelatorreitonydelatorre Core Member
    158 karma

The way I see it, if you're ready to take the test, I'd imagine at some point you've PTd at a score you're happy with. So you know you can do it, and what you've done has worked. So I don't want to change too much up. Ill take a PT on the weekend like usual, and spend the week with a similar amount of time reviewing what went wrong and what went right. That and constant reminders that, at least for me as my first attempt, it doesn't have to be my last, so I can just relax and try not to get too stressed out about the real thing.

• acquadiiceacquadiice Core Member
    121 karma

@"Hal Incandenza" said:

@acquadiice said:

@"Hal Incandenza" said:

Cheers!

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-podcast-episode-9-test-week-preparation/

thank you!

• 14 karma

I’m taking two practice tests and reviewing a day, from Monday-Saturday. On Sunday I will fine tune all of what I’ve already learned, review missed questions etc. on Monday I will do nothing LSAT related, maybe some flash cards to stay sharp and I sit for the test Tuesday afternoon. Not my first rodeo and not a cram as it may appear. I’ll have 14 flex tests in before the actually test next Tuesday afternoon.

• jabarrineaujabarrineau Member
    72 karma

Following. I'm drilling timed LG sections and LR question types that I struggle with (with some RC sprinkled in) up until Monday, taking Tuesday to relax and do some untimed reading and a game or two. Testing on Wednesday

• dicino63dicino63 Core Member
    142 karma

Here's what I did before January, and it went okay. My diagnostic was a 152, and I had only taken one PT before the month of January (a 156). I then took four PT's the week of my Flex, and improved up to a 162 timed, 165 BR. I then scored a 165 in January. I'm still planning on retaking in June (currently PTing high 160s and BRing low 170s), but doing that many PTs during test week did not tire me out tremendously. If anything, it gave me confidence that I was improving 1-2 points every test.