Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April Flex Powerscore Review

LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
edited April 2021 in General 2464 karma

Powerscore's April flex podcast review just dropped. In it, they discuss the predicted curves for each section administered on the April flex.

https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/83/

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Thank you for posting this!

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

no problem! @kkole444

edited April 2021 1687 karma

From the podcast its looking like I had a -8 exam. Not sure how I feel about it. going to be a long 2 weeks...
    Right now I'm trying to figure out what I should do next to prepare for my last LSAT take in June.

2464 karma

Make sure you take some time off, I think everyone can benefit from a small break of about a week- that’s what I’ll be doing at least. Then it’s back to business as usual.

• Totally agree. I'm not looking at anything LSAT until I get my score back. The LSAT came right in a perfect storm with a busy time at work so I'm enjoying my time.

While it's important to study and work, it's also important to take time for yourselves. I'm in the Army (as I've stated on multiple comments so sorry for the repetitiveness). If I learned anything, the Army and all jobs will take and take and take and take. Don't let the LSAT do the same. Take the time now for yourself when it comes. And, learn to say no to some things to take time for yourself. Otherwise they'll take everything from you.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

What were the curves? I don't want to listen to it because I've finally made peace with not chasing my PT scores any further, and don't want to get sucked back in. (┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻

2464 karma

@canihazJD They think most people will have a -8 test. That being said there’s a possible combination that could lead to both a -9 and -10 test. However they said it’s unlikely anyone got that.

• Some international test takers may have ended up with the -9. I had both the origami LG and the carpenter bees/leopard LR on Tuesday. There’s a possibility there.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Dang... -10. I always wonder how much the actual psychological effect of harder content is accounted for when they set scaling. Like fine harder content, looser scale... but if you run into mauve velociraptors or used jazz CDs at the end of section 1, you're definitely not feeling great for the rest of the test. Maybe just me but I'd definitely opt for easier content, tighter scale.

1687 karma

@canihazJD I agree. I think I'd loose more points BC of a game like the CD's psychological effect and get a -10 curve than I would if I got all standard sections and only had a -7 curve.

• Can someone explain how the curve works?

1687 karma

The curve is how many questions you can get wrong and still get a 170. So a minus 8 curve would mean you can get 8 questions wrong and still get a 170. the higher the curve the more difficult the exam generally.