Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13-15 point increase in a month?!

Bengy1906Bengy1906 Core Member
in General 23 karma

Hello Everyone,

I wanted some insight, feedback or ideas that have helped you or someone you may know improve in their LSAT journey. I began studying for the LSAT during undergrad. Scored a 137 on July 2020 LSAT Flex while working two jobs with minimal understanding of LG (worst section). Currently, prepping for the June 2021 LSAT Flex since it's the last test I am able to use my LSAC fee waiver on since it expires in July.

With that being said, I am looking to accomplish a 150+ score. Not a strong test taker at all. My top school is Georgia State and their median is 157, I've seen people getting in with 153+. I have a 3.79 LSAC GPA and a couple softs that will aid admission decision. Currently on PTs scoring 140-144. Average about 8-9 correct on LR/LG.

What areas should be focused on for improvements? Best way to improve in RC? What are ways of improving that worked for you? Just any helpful ideas on improving LSAT will be heavily appreciated.

Comments

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

I would suggest improving on logic games. That’s the easiest section to improve on and you will see a big score increase

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2021 8313 karma

Do the core curriculum, and make sure you understand the concepts. You don't necessarily have to do all the problem sets. A month is not a lot of time. That kind of improvement is unlikely, but if you can get through the CC with good understanding of the concepts, you should be scoring around that range. Points come quicker in the lower scoring bands, so its not as unlikely as trying to get from say 160 to 173 in a month... but still unlikely. For next cycle, there's lots of opportunities besides the June test... things typically work out better when you let your scoring call your timeline and not the other way around. Good luck either way.

• 424 karma

I agree with above - This is difficult but not impossible. I’d also suggest focusing on LG - I say this often, but watch the “foolproof logic games” video on 7Sage (you can just google it), and do 4 games every day, then foolproof them, until you get em down. That’s the most reliable path for success, IMO.

(Note - this is in addition to the CC, as stated above. It’ll take a lot of time.)

• Bengy1906Bengy1906 Core Member
    23 karma

@yazminse said:
    I would suggest improving on logic games. That’s the easiest section to improve on and you will see a big score increase

I've heard that, seems to be hardest section to improve for me.

23 karma

@"Hal Incandenza" said:
    I agree with above - This is difficult but not impossible. I’d also suggest focusing on LG - I say this often, but watch the “foolproof logic games” video on 7Sage (you can just google it), and do 4 games every day, then foolproof them, until you get em down. That’s the most reliable path for success, IMO.

(Note - this is in addition to the CC, as stated above. It’ll take a lot of time.)

Thank you for your comment. I definitely believe it isn't impossible. I will take into account that method.

23 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Do the core curriculum, and make sure you understand the concepts. You don't necessarily have to do all the problem sets. A month is not a lot of time. That kind of improvement is unlikely, but if you can get through the CC with good understanding of the concepts, you should be scoring around that range. Points come quicker in the lower scoring bands, so its not as unlikely as trying to get from say 160 to 173 in a month... but still unlikely. For next cycle, there's lots of opportunities besides the June test... things typically work out better when you let your scoring call your timeline and not theater way around. Good luck either way.

The core curriculum as far as??? Would that be the overall understanding the language of the test?

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

@"Hal Incandenza" said:

Hello, can you go into this a bit more?? hat is the best way for me to learn logic games? Is this strategy you say good for this person with a month's time for studying or for everyone? I have 6 months and want to improve on this section. Strategy???

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

@"cynthiaabreu.ca" Fool proofing logic games means going through the different types of games and printing out several sets of them, repeatedly practicing. You definitely have enough time to do so if you have 6 months. You start by doing the games 1 time through, watch JY's explanation video, do it again immediately after (hopefully able to do it through without any help), the next day you do the same games and see if you are able to retain the way to do it, hopefully in a fast manner. Then do it again in a couple days to ensure you actually know the reasoning not just memorization of the questions. Ideally you would do this with as many games as possible, "fool proofing" your ability to complete them in an accurate and timely manner. JY goes into this method in more detail. Hope this helps.

• 424 karma

@"cynthiaabreu.ca" yes! @sarahblair has it exactly right. It can be done effectively in one month, but if you have 6 months, you can really crush it!

Note: in your case, I’d make sure to watch / finish the CC first!

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

Fool proof the LG!!! It’s insane how much it helps. I do a game blind, then watch JY video on it and redo it. Wait two days and do it again then a week later. You really pick up on the inferences sooooo much better this way, at least for me.

• bguidis1bguidis1 Core Member
    4 karma

I am in the same boat as you. My goal is to go over the curriculum and do PTs timed and untimed until test day. Took it for the second time in April and went down 3 points. Just purchased 7sage and signed up for July test. Hoping to see an increase to my first score of 152. Stay in there and just know there is somebody out there right now (me) who is literally in the same boat as you and is trying to increase in a month alone.