PT41.S1.Q23 - Perception cannot be a relationship between...

yeasm22syeasm22s Member
edited June 2021 in Logical Reasoning 217 karma

Hi! Can any one explain how they approached this parallel flaw question about perception? JY tries mapping but it would take me a long time to do and I am trying to see if there's something about the structure of the stimulus that can be used to get to the answer choice. Any explanation would be really helpful!!

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question"
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-41-section-1-question-23/

Comments

• bananabacabananabaca Member
    edited June 2021 41 karma

I did it with a combination of abstract and lawgic.
    The stimulus states a relationship, and then says there is some sort of exception to id, some situation where the A --> not B relationship is not necessarily true.

Perception (A) --> cannot be a relationship that causes being to have beliefs (not B )

Imperceptible (not A) --> have beliefs (B )

So, for the answer choice I chose A. Because with the same stimulus structure, it also has an exception where A --> not B is not true.

Art (A) --> cannot be an artifact . . . aesthetic reactions (not B )

Aesthetic reactions (B ) --> not art (not A)

Hope this helps!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

/P ←s→ beliefs
    P → /beliefs

Some things that aren't Jedi use the force
    So, Jedis can't use the force

/Art ←s→ aesthetics
    Art → /aesthetics

and none of the others match... thats how I remember doing this one anyway. It's a dumb argument which is why its hard to nail down. You have to recognize they are trying to drag you down with the language and pull yourself out... kind of rise above it in a way.