Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Applications based around LSAT score - 7Sage Forum

Applications based around LSAT score

7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
in General 932 karma
How did/do you guys determine where you will apply for law schools? This is mainly a question of curiosity.

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Factors like career goals, how much you have in savings to pay for law school, where you want to work, etc.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    For me, I considered my career goals and where I want to work. With that in mind, I made a list of schools that interest me and depending on my LSAT score, I'll decide whether it's realistic to apply to all of those schools or only a few.
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    If my score is above my goal, apply to reach schools, target schools and a few schools slightly below target school ranking. If score = goal, apply for target schools plus slightly lower ranked schools. If score below goal but higher than cut off, target schools are now reach schools and slightly lower ranked schools are target schools. If score lower than cut off, possible retake or focus on pursuing career.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 7965 karma
    I think a major consideration is whether you know the region in which you want to permanently settle. That is at least a way to eliminate a wide swath of schools that might otherwise be in your score range.

For instance, this is the only tattoo I have ever considered getting and thus only considering Texas schools:

If one doesn't have a region in mind (or no preference) then one applies to a wider swath of schools, IMO.