FAM - 148 diagnostic to 172 on flex PT

lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
edited July 2021 in General 1417 karma

https://i.imgur.com/m2AKEdY.png

Hello everyone, it's ya boi lsat_sus.

Today marks exactly 1 year since I got on 7sage. I started with a diagnostic of 148 (PT 78), and I remember thinking "fuck that," and began my LSAT process.

Over the past 11 months, I went through the CC twice, took ~20 PT's, re-took each individual section at least 3 times, and fool-proofed games 1-45. In the end, my average PT score was a 156. Fuck yeah.

Then I remembered a quote "insanity is doing the same shit over and over when it doesn't fucking work." So I switched my strategy. I listened to the podcasts, and decided to work with a tutor. I looked at my budget and reached out to Mr. Daniel aka @canihazJD. He just gave off hellaaa good vibes and yes, that was the sole basis of my decision - I'm a proud millennial, fuck you boomer (jk).

This man literally transformed my game. I spewed every single thought that popped into my mind (sorry Daniel) on every single question and he slashed all the useless parts and affirmed the important parts. In such a short time, the CC and explanation videos started making sense. I used to hate when JY says "who cares," but now I love it. It saves me time. "Holy fuck," I said. Those 11 months were not a waste.

After ~4 weeks of sessions, I am so grateful to have scored a 172 timed, 176 BR. That's almost a 20 point jump. Daniel literally carried me harder than SKT Faker in 2013, and YES.. it's a flex PT.. It's not a real exam.. it's luck.. i'm a 'lil bitch.. but a win's a win and Ima bask in the ambience of my hero's journey. My family's proud, my girl likes it (wink wink), and I just need to execute on the upcoming LSATs.

LET'S DO THIS BABY! THE LSAT IS SUS AF.

Comments

• christina-10christina-10 Member
    edited July 2021 44 karma

That's amazing, I'm so proud of you! Keep it up, there's no doubt you're going to do great on the lsat.

• Claudia_YangClaudia_Yang Core Member
    72 karma

So happy for you. I also started my journey from 149, currently I'm climbing up to mid-160s. Thanks for your sharing and I also want to tell everyone who is feeling doubted and frustrated: Practice takes time and patience. Please don't give up.

• WoodsCommaElleWoodsCommaElle Live Member
    399 karma

YOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I always see you hyping people up on 7Sage SO IT'S ABOUT TIME WE HYPE YOU UP TOOOOOOOO!!!!!

CON
    GRAT
    U
    LA
    TIONZ
    !!!!!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE UNBEATABLE
    @lsat_sus

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    edited July 2021 1417 karma

@christina-10 - thanks! I HOPE SO FAM.

@Claudia_Yang hell YUHH.

@WoodsCommaElle HHAHAHANANANA O NANA WHAT'S MY NAME 🎵 thank you ㅠㅠㅠ means alot!! YOUR COMMENTS ON VIDS ARE SO HELPFUL!!

• edited July 2021 118 karma

Dude I'm in the same kind of situation that you were in...smashing LG but stuck in that high 150s/low160s range. I get -9/-10 on LR every time. What were some of the big things that helped you with LR?

• Pretzel LogicPretzel Logic Member
    227 karma

I admire your drive. Good luck.

• RelentlessRelentless Core Member
    edited July 2021 323 karma

Hahaha, congratulations. Besides your achievements, your posts are hilarious and a delight to read! Well done!

• kvitka22kvitka22 Member
    257 karma

So inspiring, congratulations!!

• JGtheJD33JGtheJD33 Core Member
    18 karma

This was inspiring! Any recommendations on tutors from anyone?

• MEBALLARMEBALLAR Member
    edited July 2021 29 karma

We love to see it king

• ssop_tkdssop_tkd Yearly Member
    22 karma

@lsat_sus Congrats!!!!! How often did you meet with your tutor (days a week / hours)?

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

yaaaaaaaas

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

So what @lsat_sus is understating is the ton of hard work he put in over these last few weeks. Yes a tutor can help, but he had the drive to hammer away at content until he understood it, well beyond the point that most people would be happy to move on if a tutor "let" them. A good tutor might push you where they see the potential for more improvement, but he needed no such external motivation.

Basically the ideal student, and a huge privilege to work with... the goal of a tutor should be student success (not client retention), and his amazing progress shows what can be accomplished in a relatively short amount of time if you put in the work.

• SilenceLawSilenceLaw Member
    9 karma

tsm! TSM! TSM!

@robinsonberkeley fam - I feel you, I understand you, I AM you. For LR, I hit the CC for the third time and did all sets for MSS, SA, and Flaw. I personally think these three are the main types that branch into other types (just my opinion).

@JGtheJD33 LMAO fam love the name - and I only had a few tutors but Daniel was by far the best (no shade to the others tho - it's all just a vibe thing) - listen to their podcasts / posts and see who you feel good wit idk aha.

@MEBALLAR awhh shiii

@SilenceLaw - nah fam!! SKT til I die

@ssop_tkd - PMed

@canihazJD Thank ya fam. You paved the way and Im climbin' now baby!!! WHOOOOO