Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any advantage to joining 7sage...

xegendaryxegendary Free Trial Member
in General 26 karma
If I already know all the strategies and techniques? Now that I'm taking the October LSAT, I need to seriously work on my timing, but I can't figure out how to start. Does 7sage offer anything that could help with that?

Thanks.

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Well, what have you used to study thus far? What's your target? What are you scoring now? What's your academic background? All of that will help answer your question but, in general, my answer is YES, there are definite advantages. I've sampled/used pretty much all other big name companies and 7Sage is better in nearly every respect.

The most valuable parts of the 7Sage curriculum, IMO, are the lessons on logic and grammatical indicators but that will vary from person to person.

Others may very well disagree with me but I'd say there is no such thing as a "timing technique" per se. Building a solid understanding of the fundamentals of logic can help you to understand things more quickly and work through things efficiently eliminating the need for "timing techniques." 7Sage can help you do that.

If you have other specific questions about the curriculum, I'd be happy to answer them.
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited June 2015 522 karma
    I'd say regardless if where you think you're at, you should give 7Sage a try. Maybe just try the starter bundle, but honestly it really helps to start from the beginning and learn the core fundamentals of logic, which JY helps you do extremely well!
  • xegendaryxegendary Free Trial Member
    26 karma
    I've used the PowerScore LR and LG bibles and the Manhattan RC book. My target is 165+. I'm scoring low to mid 150s. I double majored in Sociology and Economics. I've worked through a lot of questions pre-PT35 and have done PT35-45 fully simulated. I've been scoring in the same range ever since. I'm usually unable to complete any of the sections on time, but when I Blind Review I usually miss anywhere between 10 -13 which puts me in the high 160s/low 170s range. As you can see, I'm in a weird position. I get the fundamentals (at least I think I do) but do extremely poorly on actual tests and timed sections. Not sure what to do next.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Definitely consider the course. This obviously anecdotal but my first PT was 156 and the average of my last 5 PTs is in the low 170's. I have 7Sage to thank for that improvement.

I'd say you could still use some help with the fundamentals if your BR scores are in that range. Ideally, you want them as close to 180 as possible since they represent what you're capable of with time constraints.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I have to go with yes. If you were scoring in the mid 160's and all you needed to do was work on timing, then I'd go with a maybe but at mid 150's you still have a lot to learn and 7Sage can definitely help with that.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    Starter bundle brought my score up so 15 points
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    The community man. Take advantage of this awesome community. :)
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    I bought 7sage three weeks before the June LSAT. I think it was a great decision.

I self-studied with the Trainer before that, but after lots of PTing and watching JY's LG explanations, I realized I wasn't being as efficient as I could in certain areas. I bought the Starter and watched the first few videos of every lesson (pretty much every video that was an intro to a topic and not an explanation of a real test question). This helped my confidence and speed. For example, I noticed that one of my weak areas was in/out games, and watching the videos about conditional chains and either-or/not-both really helped me become more consistent in LG sections.

Granted, I don't know my score yet :) but I do recommend that you buy 7sage even if you've learned the test already.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Definitely worth it for the logic games explanations alone, especially if you're struggling with your timing on LG sections. I've become so much more efficient with in and out and grouping games after seeing how JY sets up game boards.
  • xegendaryxegendary Free Trial Member
    26 karma
    Yeah. I want to subscribe, but I'm just trying to figure out whether the course will help me refine my processing ability so that I can answer these questions faster. There has to be something still deficient in my skills that's preventing me from scoring higher.