Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone take PT 72 (June 2014) nervous about Monday

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in General 239 karma
In my opinion, and based off of what I've seen on these forums, PT 72, or the June 2014 test was extremely difficult. I scored 4 points lower than my average on it. Being that it was the June test one year ago, does anyone think the June 2015 test Monday will also be similarly difficult? The scale for June 2014 was graded easier (because of the harder test) than most June tests before it. I'm nervous.

Comments

• Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    I don't think you should be nervous, I got my worst score ever on 72. However, I got my second worst score on the Feb 2015 test, so I think we are in for a good Monday! Out of the 25 tests I've taken, I feel like I've gotten the worst out of the way.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I'm not sure how bad PT 72 actually is o.O.. I probably did better on it over all than the other recent exams. However, the LG section did suck and I did poorly compared to other PTs I've taken. That's the only difference the test had to me, wonky LG games. If that's worrying you, have no fear! It's the fastest section to improve on :)!
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    Doing bad on PT's is part of the process. If you can hit 180 right out the gate on all your PT's.. why would you even be PTing?

What matters is how well you analyze your errors and improve on them. The worst thing you could do is just take the test, ruminate over your score, and then move on. WTF is the point of that?

If you got any wrong on a game, you need to figure out why you missed that inference and how you can do it better on the next game.

If you got an argument wrong, memorize the flaw until you can easily identify it on another argument and get it right.

If you got an RC wrong.. well.. I don't really know. This one has never been a clear answer to me other than finding strategies to help me concentrate like warming up and/or getting "into" the passage.