Feeling Good About my Progress - Taking in October

in General 790 karma

I just finished by Blind Review for PT 69 and got a 162 actual and a 180 on my blind review, something I've never done before. Before that I was averaging around a 160 with a 170/172 BR. I would go over questions I got wrong in depth, watching JY's explanation videos and such until I was sure I understood why the right answer was correct

I am so happy with these improvements because I got a 159 on the June test and I am retaking in October to hopefully hit a 163. I want to stay motivated and continue to see progress.

Should I continue doing timed practice every other day and blind reviewing, or should I include other forms of studying as well? I have 100% free time from now until mid-September. I'm leaning towards timed practice (i.e., practice tests) since clearly my weakness is the timing.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! thanks so much

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma

Just congrats! You are doing Awesome!

• 790 karma

@nye8870 said:
    Just congrats! You are doing Awesome!

Thank you so much. Studying for this test has felt so discouraging at times, so I like to take time to celebrate these little victories when they do happen!

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Maybe throw in some untimed sections just to really analyze your thought process? Focus on the reasoning for why the right answers are right as well as why wrong answers are wrong? But honestly, sounds like what you're doing is working, so keep up the good work!

• 790 karma

@tahurrrrr said:
    Maybe throw in some untimed sections just to really analyze your thought process? Focus on the reasoning for why the right answers are right as well as why wrong answers are wrong? But honestly, sounds like what you're doing is working, so keep up the good work!

That's a great idea, thank you!

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    500 karma

Hey,

We have very similar scores (both timed and BR). If you ever want to BR with someone let me know.

• laurenbracamontelaurenbracamonte Core Member
    30 karma

Hi my average PT Score is 158 and BR is 167 if you'd like to BR or study together! Also have free time until Oct LSAT

• laurenbracamontelaurenbracamonte Core Member
    30 karma

also congrats on your progress :)

• bstampflbstampfl Member
    34 karma

Congrats on your progress! You're going to do great in October.

I would continue doing majority timed practice with a little untimed work mixed in one of two days a week. Best of luck!