Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scored a 173 on the august exam

castronecastrone Member
in General 210 karma

I just wanna pay it forward a bit. I’m offering advice/help/consultation to anyone who wants it

Comments

• cali_girl96cali_girl96 Live Member
    39 karma

Hello CONGRATS! I'm stuck in the 150's. What did you do to get out of the score you may have been stuck on for a while (160s)? That is assuming you were scoring below 170's for a bit? I can't seem to increase....

• castronecastrone Member
    210 karma

@cali_girl96 said:
    Hello CONGRATS! I'm stuck in the 150's. What did you do to get out of the score you may have been stuck on for a while (160s)? That is assuming you were scoring below 170's for a bit? I can't seem to increase....

Check DM

• I am stuck on 168-170, can't seem to push through the barrier. If you could help that would be amazing, thanks

210 karma

@"The LSAT Is Easy LOL JK" said:
    I am stuck on 168-170, can't seem to push through the barrier. If you could help that would be amazing, thanks

Check dm

• JackAttack-2JackAttack-2 Core Member
    22 karma

Hi! I am worried about the reading comprehension section. Do you have any helpful insight or tips?

• Juan Carlos-1Juan Carlos-1 Member
    69 karma

My name is JC and I recently saw your message regarding your accomplishment scoring a 173 on the LSAT! First of all, I wanted to congratulate you! Secondly, I am sure you are know that achieving this score takes more than handwork but having the ability to recognize the patterns on test day. I personally wanted to reach out to you to ask you if possible, if you would be so humbly kind to provide any information whatsoever in how you were able to achieve a 173 on the LSAT. I will be taking the LSAT for the first time this November 13, 2021 and I have been studying since June. Being able to hear from you will not only provide me great insight on being able to score high on the LSAT but provide key distinctions on defeating this test! Once again it would mean the world to me! My email is juanrios441@gmail.com or you can always reach out to me through here!

• burkean56burkean56 Member
    11 karma

Hi! Congrats first off! I was wondering how you managed to break the 170 barrier? I was testing in the high 160s low 170s going in and, I think due to exam anxiety, I score significantly lower in the actual test. Any advice?

210 karma

@"Juan Carlos-1" said:
    My name is JC and I recently saw your message regarding your accomplishment scoring a 173 on the LSAT! First of all, I wanted to congratulate you! Secondly, I am sure you are know that achieving this score takes more than handwork but having the ability to recognize the patterns on test day. I personally wanted to reach out to you to ask you if possible, if you would be so humbly kind to provide any information whatsoever in how you were able to achieve a 173 on the LSAT. I will be taking the LSAT for the first time this November 13, 2021 and I have been studying since June. Being able to hear from you will not only provide me great insight on being able to score high on the LSAT but provide key distinctions on defeating this test! Once again it would mean the world to me! My email is juanrios441@gmail.com or you can always reach out to me through here!

Check DM

• dgorringdgorring Member
    24 karma

Got a 163 in August. My scores either bounce from 163-168 ish consistently. Would love a bit of help.

• sophiahudocksophiahudock Core Member
    5 karma

what were you able to do to get there? i feel like i'm stuck in the same range

• Hi,

Thanks for offering the help! Wondering if you had any advice on how to break solidly into the 170's.

Scored a 169 in August. I've been PT'd in the high 160's and low 170's, fluctuating every now and then into the mid 170's. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@castrone said:
    I just wanna pay it forward a bit. I’m offering advice/help/consultation to anyone who wants it

Congrats

On RC, how much time, on average, you take approximately to read the passage and to do its questions, respectively?
    how much time on average for first 15 q and total section on LR?

how do you do handle the difficulty of computer-LG versus paper, as you have to diagram on paper for each AC and then look up to computer?

• BooheredBoohered Member
    56 karma

Congrats! Did you every find yourself stagnating at a certain score? I have noticed this recently: I decided that I had the fundamentals down and moved onto a tactic of only doing PT's, two a week. My score stagnated at the mid-high 160's. I am looking to dislodge myself from this but I am not positive how to go about it. I am considering doing one PT a week on the weekends and then simply studying individual question types during the week. My thought process is that if I practice question types and smaller problem sets then my brain will have a chance to slow down, engage, and really learn the material, instead of just powering through without growing.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? If so, any advice on how to get out of it, how to start looking at the test fresh, with new eyes, and start learning again instead of just repeating rote actions?

Thank you, and congrats again!

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

Congratulations! I just got my first 170. I'm concerned I might have peaked. Do you have any advice for how people scoring around that range might continue to improve? Is there a different technique for studying as a 170s scorer than studying as a 160s scorer?

• tantan_icetantan_ice Member
    edited September 2021 23 karma

hi mate BIG congrats!!! I have been PT-ing mid-160s but got a 159. Retaking in October, so less than a month. Do you have any strategies you can recommend? Taking timed PTs isn't helping. Is there any way of studying more selectively? Thanks and good luck!

• Congratulations!! Do you have any recs for going above 170 (I'm stuck in the high 160s range, and having a really difficult time pushing beyond that). Especially for LR, I cannot get it down from a -4/6 range.

• Barbie BlondeBarbie Blonde Member
    152 karma

hey there any advice? I'm taking my exam in November and I'm really nervous

• JulietteWestJulietteWest Core Member
    54 karma

Hi! Also looking for any advice. I'm hovering around 165-167 and scored a 165 in August. Hoping to get into 170s in October. I'm in the same boat as studyinglsat777.

• JmockabeeJmockabee Core Member
    16 karma

Hi, I really appreciate you being willing to offer advice. I guess my situation is I had been PTing between 160-164 leading up to the august lsat but then was hugely disappointed when I got a 157 which was only an improvement of 2 points after putting in hundreds of hours studying. Im just not sure where to start from here. I wish I could know what section I did not do so well on. I would love to get my score to 165 by October but dont know where to start.

• Congratulations that is awesome! Could you please provide any helpful tips or suggestions that you may have? Thank you :)

• calderon.geraldinecalderon.geraldine Core Member
    48 karma

Would love to chat with you about tips regarding reading comprehension and logical reasoning! I can go anywhere between -3 to -10 on RC, and -1 to -5 on LR, and would love some more consistency prior to heading into the October Exam!

Also! if anyone reading this needs help with LG please feel free to contact me! I will go -1/0, and often end with 5-10 minutes extra after finishing all 4 games! Would love to help where I can

• vam621vam621 Member
    102 karma

Congrats!!! Just wanted to see what your PT avg score was prior to the August exam.
    I'm balancing full-time work and studying, so its a bit hard to study as much as I can, but I'm averaging ~167 and I want to break a 170+ on my real exam.

• firstgenlaw-1firstgenlaw-1 Member
    245 karma

I am stuck at 168-170 and can't seem to break the barrier! -0 at LG but always -3 to -4 on LR and RC. Would LOVE some tips!

• lawguy2210lawguy2210 Member
    17 karma

Any advice for RC and LR?

• NicoleL39NicoleL39 Member
    45 karma

Congrats!! I'm sadly retaking in November, but I'm wondering what tips you have for improving RC? What strategies did you find work best, and how did you prep/drill for the exam?

152 karma

hey can you help me ? I'm really struggling with logical reasoning and reading

152 karma

Also congrats I think I would trade my kidney for your LSAT score

• aa4934aa4934 Member
    13 karma

Hey, I am scoring around 169 to 171 and am really trying to get it a few points higher. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

• kiwiluvrkiwiluvr Core Member
    24 karma

i'd love to hear from you as well if you have any advice you could give me! I scored a 173 on a PT over the summer but i've been stuck in the 164-167 zone since then and can't seem to get out of it. Sitting for the Nov LSAT!

• Brandon26Brandon26 Member
    30 karma

Congratulations to you! I'm currently stuck in the mid 150's. I'm trying to break into the 160's. Any advice?

• maibkh4-1maibkh4-1 Member
    21 karma

Hi there, congratulations, I am in the same boat as many of these comments, stuck in the end of 150 range, would appreciate any help I can get!

• jasong99jasong99 Member
    35 karma

Stuck in the 150s, would love any advice at all.

• kareenarsatiakareenarsatia Member
    39 karma

Congratulations on getting such a good score! Could you please provide some suggestions on how I could improve my score? Thank you so much!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

Congratulations! I have been studying for a long time. Would you like helping me and giving me some advice? Thanks a lot!

• 308 karma

Congrats on the 173! What an accomplishment :smile: PM'd you!

• CasandraCasandra Member
    edited September 2021 40 karma

• CasandraCasandra Member
    40 karma

@Brandon26 said:
    Congratulations to you! I'm currently stuck in the mid 150's. I'm trying to break into the 160's. Any advice?

same here, any advice would be great

210 karma

Hey, to anyone just DM me , it’s easier that way I’ll get back to everyone it might take me a lil but I will