Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watching all video explanations

AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
in General 2424 karma
Quick question. Do you guys watch all video explanations of all the homework and exercises (games, RC, LR) in the core curriculum? It's taking me awfully long to finish it and I want to know if I should change my approach here. Thanks in advance you beautiful people!

Comments

• bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    Yeah, but I had to use 1.2x or 1.4x speed.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    @bstew2002 I too increase the speed in the lessons but don't have the option of doing that in the homework explanations. Do you have that option? Maybe I just can't see it.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    For LR questions, especially when I was first starting the curriculum, I would watch the entire video. Towards the end of the curriculum after I had already gone through all the LG lessons I would just solve the LR questions on my own before I watched the video and then fast forward to the end to see if I was right. I would say if you're getting to the point where you feel pretty confident with LR there's not too much harm in quickly moving through explanations.
    2424 karma
    @GordonBombay Thanks! But you did see all the LG homework set explanations right?
  • bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    Yeah I watched EVERY video in the curriculum at increased speed. Not sure why you are not seeing it. For LG, I had to switch to the 7Sage video player, but the button was right there.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @bstew2002 is right, the youtube videos are the default ones for the LG explanations. If you scroll down below the youtube video there should be a button to switch to the 7Sage player that will have the time markings as well the speed control. I usually watched videos on 1.4x, 1.7x or 2.0x depending on my understanding of the topic at hand. 1.7x is pretty comfortable for most everything, and if I just want to skim a topic for review I bump up to 2.0x. I find if the 2.0x sounds too fast you can trick your brain by switching to 3.0x and then lowering it from there rather than going straight to 2.0x from 1.0x.

Also, as far as watching explanations goes, I only watch explanations for questions I got wrong, or changed the answer during BR (for good or bad). For RC and LG I will only watch the passage/board setup videos if I was completely lost and didn't understand the passage or the game. I find this saves a lot of time during the curriculum and during drilling/PTs. If you're really looking to maximize the speed at which you get through everything, but still want to learn as much as you can, I think this is the way to go.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    @alejoroarios Def still watch all the Logic Games videos, but that's also my weakest section. When I was working through the LG videos in the core curriculum I would try the game on my own first. Afterwards I would usually just watch how JY sets up his game boards to make sure I had the game board setup right. If his setup was different then mine I would re-work all the questions from the game over again using his set-up.
    2424 karma
    Thanks to both of you! I hadn't seen that option to switch from the youtube videos. Will deffinitely do from now on.