Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Set Mayhem

1danlynch1danlynch Member
in General 51 karma
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that noticed there are a bunch of new problem sets shoved into our study guide. This really stressed me out, since I was just about to finish the old problem sets, and now I have no idea which ones I have done or should do. I am planning to take the test in October, and I don't think I'll be able to finish them all in time while doing the PTs at the same time. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Could you specify? I don't have any new problem sets added to my syllabus. I have the start set and thus only given one problem set per lesson. Did you upgrade your bundle by any chance?

And the site automatically keeps a track of the lessons you've completed through the green check marks on the left hand side of each lesson after you've gone through them.
  • ValBerroaValBerroa Alum Member
    77 karma
    I just noticed the same thing. I can't find the answers for the original problem set.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    7Sage is in the midst of restructuring their problem sets for LR. If you scroll through the new syllabus you should see that every LR section now has problem sets that should be unchecked if you had checked those sections off previously. If you scroll down to just before all the PTs begin, the last curriculum section will be "Old Problem Sets".

A very brief description of what is happening can be found here:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/old-problem-sets/

I downloaded all the problem sets to my computer before the PDF ban and then checked them off as done on the syllabus since I just track my progress on my own in my LR folders on my laptop. The old problem sets section is pretty much only there to provide the videos for those problem sets since there are no more PDFs. As they state in the above link, if you recently started 7Sage you can totally ignore the old problem sets section and just focus on the new problem sets.

One nice feature of the new problem sets is that you can view the questions as videos and do them that way if you don't have all the early PTs to use for LR questions.

If you were tracking your progress on the old problem sets, it should still be properly tracked in the "Old Problem Sets" section, so feel free to continue there. I'd caution against using them all up and focusing on PTs if you're finished with the curriculum, that way you can keep the rest for drilling problem areas as you go along.
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    @Pacifico My only question is where are these new Problem Set questions from? Still from PTs 1-38?

I did Cambridge drill packets as I went along with 7Sage, so for example, I just did Flaw Questions on 7Sage, and then drilled the massive 284 question set. I then go on 7Sage to review any answers I got wrong.

Not sure how I will use the new problem sets now, as I probably did most already, so I might just ignore them for now, and when I'm done the core curriculum go back and do them all for practice (I'll probably forget them then anyway).
    8021 karma
    I haven't gone through every single problem set, but the ones I've seen were all from early PTs. I think 7Sage does 1-35 for their problem sets and 36+ for full PTs. I don't think they would corrupt any PTs from the 36+ range for problem sets since they place a great emphasis on the need to have as many fresh and clean PTs as possible. Since they haven't really explained their reasoning or methodology for the change, I would guess that they simply went through and extracted problem sets more thoroughly from PTs 1-35 since there do seem to be more problem sets in each section than there was before. So I would think that all the questions that appeared in the old problem sets are still there in the new ones, perhaps just mixed up in different combinations. I don't think people that had the old problem sets need to get too wrapped up in this change, just keep doing what has been working for you.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    My issue is where are all of the explanations, especially of the Practice test questions.
    8021 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor If you check your answers on the new LR problem sets pages the "explanations" columns only have "discuss" buttons that lead to the main discussion forum page. My two theories that I have mentioned elsewhere are that either they haven't had time to make videos or links to them for all the new problem sets, or they are pushing for people to reach out to the community at large to help explain the questions in the problem sets. Given J.Y.'s previous move towards answering fewer questions himself, I would tend to lean towards the latter explanation.
  • shermankrsshermankrs Alum Member
    80 karma
    I thought I had downloaded all the problem sets PDFs in April. Now it is showing that there are more. I have the "premium" package. For instance in the Flaw Questions Problem Set, I only have Problem Set 1 and 2 downloaded, but it shows there are 9 problem sets. Is there a way I can access the other 7? If they had been available in April I would have downloaded them... Thanks.
    8021 karma
    Go down to the bottom of the curriculum portion of the syllabus, right before the PTs start and you should see a section called "Old Problem Sets" which has the ones you bought previously. Much of the new stuff has not been put on sale yet as far as I can tell, though people with certain packages seem to be grandfathered in to a certain amount of content.