Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proctor issues anxiety

in General 308 karma

I'm taking the test in November and all these discussion posts about proctor interruptions have me increasingly worried about experiencing similar issues on the day of my exam. Anyone care to share some positive experiences to help a fellow LSAT-taker out? Or any tips on how to overcome a proctor issue so it doesn't obliterate my chances of doing well on the test?

Comments

• hyungi.gina.leehyungi.gina.lee Alum Member
    22 karma

During initial setup time with proctor, I asked if we could communicate via chat during the test(not verbally). My proctor agreed and I had ZERO interruptions. Don't worry too much, you'll be fine :smile:

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

I forgot to have a conversation with my proctor about interruptions this time and had zero problems. Practice the things you can control such as staying in the camera frame the whole time to minimize the chance of interruption.

• margot_yumargot_yu Member
    10 karma

Do communicate things with your proctor beforehand. I had two verbal interruptions in the middle of the test, one in LG and the other RC, during which the proctor refused to pause the exam while I was making the adjustment according to her requests. After the one in RC I completely lost track of the passage. So DO check with your proctor and ask them not to interrupt you at least while you're reading the stimulus/passage.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Thanks for this! I’ve heard of some people have trouble over the last year and it gave me some anxiety but this helped!