Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are some LGs similar to the duet musicians game from the October LSAT?

user1234user1234 Core Member

Hi everyone,

On the October LSAT, the duet musicians game at the end of the section destroyed me. Normally LG is my strongest section consistently getting 0 to -2 on my PTs. But, for that game I couldn't solve it and ended up randomly guessing for the last 3 questions.

Can anyone recommend challenging games similar to that one from prior PTs? Thank you.

Comments

• Following!!!

• SkyLawyerSkyLawyer Member
    39 karma

same I hated that game. I think I stumbled upon PT9 S3 G3. Tho I think the one on October LSAT was harder

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

@SkyLawyer said:
    same I hated that game. I think I stumbled upon PT9 S3 G3. Tho I think the one on October LSAT was harder

What made October’s harder?

• SkyLawyerSkyLawyer Member
    edited October 2021 39 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@SkyLawyer said:

The fact that I didn't get a good game board set up lol. But maybe bc test pressure. I also don't distinctly remember that game anymore

edited October 2021 2249 karma

@SkyLawyer said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@SkyLawyer said:

The fact that I didn't get a good game board set up lol. But maybe bc test pressure. I also don't distinctly remember that game anymore

Well, what I’m wondering is why people weren’t able to get a board: was there an inference people were missing, was the board itself the issue (was it a non-conventional board), or was this just not a diagrammable game?

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

I didn't take this test but I heard something about a music game being on the October exam. I heard some people say that PT 9 Game 3 was similar to an October exam music game. Let me know your thoughts!

• annisoogoodannisoogood Core Member
    20 karma

There were 16 variables to the duet musician game and i still am unsure how ppl built their board.

There were 3 sets, each musical set had 3 duets. There were 6 musicians, 3 pianists and 3 violinists. Each duet had a p + v. I got thru the first few with brute force but otherwise still am unsure how others went about this. I don’t remember the rules.

I only got to do one section of the Nov test and it was this LG sect

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

You're not alone. That game was the absolute worst and definitely what sunk my score single-handedly by a couple of points.

2249 karma

@"giulia.pines" said:
    You're not alone. That game was the absolute worst and definitely what sunk my score single-handedly by a couple of points.

Some people must have succeeded on this game though and I’m left wondering what they did.

• user1234user1234 Core Member
    72 karma

Thanks for the recommendation. I tried PT9 S3 G3. It was a similar game to the October LSAT. But definitely easier. I think the easier difficulty on the PT9 game is because the questions gave you additional premises which kicked in various rules / inferences.

On the October LSAT game, the last 3 questions didn't kick in rules / inferences as easily. I forget whether those questions gave additional premises or not.

Can anyone recommend other similar miscellaneous style games like these? Thank you

• Karsa OrlongKarsa Orlong Member
    71 karma

I didn't take the Oct test, but how would guy's rank this Duets game against the hardest LGs ever? Up there with Dinasaurs, CDs, Computer Virus etc.?

• user1234user1234 Core Member
    72 karma

I don't remember any of those games. Do you know which PTs those are?

• Erunner602Erunner602 Member
    10 karma

Hey, that game was absolutely terrible! I might have found something similar, in complexity, to it. Check out PT 77, section 3, game 3.