Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How section order impacts scores

Mango_gogogoMango_gogogo Member
in General 77 karma

I felt like the most terrible order for me would be RC, RC, LG, LR

It would be extremely awful to have two RCs in a row and they are the first 2 sections.... I am so nervous.

I would be mentally exhausted to do the rest two sections.

Worst among the worst: the 2nd RC is the real RC section that accounts.

Comments

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1121 karma

I'm not sure if you're asking a question here or not, but I think there could be a really good practice takeaway here! I'd drill a lot of RC, RC, LG, LR tests. It sounds like you struggle with RC endurance the most, so I'd really practice that.

Bonus - try doing 3 RCs consecutively (or even 4!) - if you can do this, the rest will be a walk in the park

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

It's good that you know your weaknesses. Make sure to practice those section orders extra hard. You gotta have mental fortitude to overcome a bad section order.

Also it's important to have stamina and a good mindset because you never know which one is the experimental. Some people have the experimental first (which is usually harder) and let that get to them only to realize at the end that they fumbled their whole test bc they thought they screwed up a scored section.

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

Is it possible to have 2 RC's in a row?

• jake.maynard88jake.maynard88 Core Member
    9 karma

@ledkarly said:

Yep! Happened to me, one of them was the practice RC. I had them both right in a row at the start. I scored a 167 so still possible to do well, but I did feel like I was off my game the rest of the test because those two bogged me down a lot.

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

omg no new fear unlocked... wow> @"jake.maynard88" said:

@ledkarly said:

Yep! Happened to me, one of them was the practice RC. I had them both right in a row at the start. I scored a 167 so still possible to do well, but I did feel like I was off my game the rest of the test because those two bogged me down a lot.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8485 karma

My very first test was RC, RC, LR, LR, LG. It did not go well.

• Mango_gogogoMango_gogogo Member
    77 karma

@RaphaelP said:
    I'm not sure if you're asking a question here or not, but I think there could be a really good practice takeaway here! I'd drill a lot of RC, RC, LG, LR tests. It sounds like you struggle with RC endurance the most, so I'd really practice that.

Bonus - try doing 3 RCs consecutively (or even 4!) - if you can do this, the rest will be a walk in the park

Thanks for your comment! I am very bad at RC and I don't very a good memory to retain what I read. I noticed the PT75-85 required us to remember tons of information that means my low-res summary of the passage in my head barely works. I don't know what to do.

77 karma

@canihazJD said:
    My very first test was RC, RC, LR, LR, LG. It did not go well.

Yucks! Your test order is as bad as I can imagine!

77 karma

@lizzogonzo said:
    It's good that you know your weaknesses. Make sure to practice those section orders extra hard. You gotta have mental fortitude to overcome a bad section order.

Also it's important to have stamina and a good mindset because you never know which one is the experimental. Some people have the experimental first (which is usually harder) and let that get to them only to realize at the end that they fumbled their whole test bc they thought they screwed up a scored section.

I was wondering that is the experimental section usually harder than the scored one? I felt like in general since we have typical two LR sections to practice here, the 2nd LR is always a bit harder than the 1st LR. So I was curious if this generalization applies to the current 4 sections lsat mode. Thanks