Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jan 2022 study group (aiming for 170+)

H.K. WangH.K. Wang Member
edited December 2021 in Study Groups 52 karma

Hi guys,

Looking for some study buddies to BR tests together before our Jan test in a few weeks. I was in an old group but everybody was either done or taking some later tests. Gained significant improvement following their format, so hopefully I'll be able to find a couple of 170+ aiming friends to finish off the last part of the LSAT journey!

Here's what to expect:
1. We take a timed PT on our own ( Please do not check the correct answers)
2. We get together to BR on Zoom

General format:
- We go through each question and say our answer choices. We'll pause to talk about any question that has different answers among group members or someone flagged. The person flagged the question or a volunteer will go through that question live by proving four answer choices wrong (usually we try to avoid just proving why the correct answer is right, except for specific types such as classic flaw). If there's something missing from that person's prephrase/analysis, the rest of the group help him/her/them out.
- LG: usually just sharing the boards. Or skip depends on how much time we have (JY's videos usually are sufficient)
- LR: Unless it's an inference or super long stimulus para question, we generally do a Loophole translation (translate the stimulus in your own words/plain English without looking at the stimulus) first. For question types that would be beneficial to have a prephrase, we'd want to say our prephrase before looking at ACs. And then we go prove four ACs wrong.
- RC: Members taking turns to go through one passage live. After each paragraph, that person pauses and summarizes the MP and Purpose of that paragraph. And after each passage, that person pauses and summarizes the MP, Purpose and Structure of the passage.

Time:
- The BR marathon can last 4-8 hrs depends on how many questions got flagged (and how much we talk about other stuff lol)
- Generally a 10 mins break every 2 hours
- I'm working full-time so I can only do the marathon BR on weekends or days off. Requested a week off before the test so we can hop on more often that week.
- Weekend: Starting 10 am PST on Sunday mornings (I have a hard stop at 3 pm PST), or starting sometime in the afternoon PST during Xmas and New Years.
- The week before the test: Flexible.

I've touched a significant amount of PTs in the past, so here're my tentative plans for the rest of the weeks (and flexible to repeat old tests/sections if the majority of the group want to do a specific PT):

12/18 weekend: PT 80 Flex (2nd LR) + PT 90 1st LR (group BR on the 19th)
12/25 weekend: PT 82 Flex (1st LR) + PT 81 2nd LR (group BR on the 26th)
1/1 weekend: PT 88 Flex (1st LR) + PT 39 RC (group BR on the 2nd)
1/7: PT 86 full four (group BR time TBD)
1/9: PT 89 Flex (2nd LR) + PT 56 RC (group BR time TBD)
1/11: PT 91 full four (group BR time TBD)
1/13: PT 92 full four (group BR time TBD)

Feel free to email hkwang789@gmail.com if interested! Thanks and good luck everyone!

Comments