Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategies to improve at LR?

Hello! I would really appreciate any strategies to improve at LR. When I do the question types individually I do good on them, but when I do a full LR section I cannot seem to improve. Any strategies, tips, or studying patterns that anyone has to offer, please please tell me.

I BR and I go over my wrong answers and see where I made the mistakes. But that has not done a whole lot for me.

Comments

• 571 karma

I think I would need more information to give you any advice! For example, how much do you study each day/week? Are you getting through the entire section or guessing on a number of questions? Have you went through the CC or any outside books?

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

@yascha04

I'm one of the managers of the 7Sage Tutoring Program. I'd be happy to give you a free consult where I look over your analytics and help show you where you can improve! During the consult, I'll answer questions about our program and do a brief overview of your analytics to see how our tutors can help you.

https://calendly.com/scott-milam/7sage-tutoring-consult

If you'd like to read more about us (or view our rates) you can do so here:

https://7sage.com/lsat-tutoring

Best,
    Scott Milam
    Manager at 7Sage

• yascha04yascha04 Member
    73 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:
    I think I would need more information to give you any advice! For example, how much do you study each day/week? Are you getting through the entire section or guessing on a number of questions? Have you went through the CC or any outside books?

Thank you for answering !!! I study roughly 20 maybe more hours a week! As I work full time and have a part time job. So I do my best. The thing is I am not struggling to get through the section I come done to 2 answer choices and ultimately choose the wrong one. I did finish the CC and I am currently utilizing “The Loophole” by Ellen Cassidy.

I am not sure what other tactics to employ. Because BR does not work for me.

• 571 karma

@yascha04 said:

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

Thank you for answering !!! I study roughly 20 maybe more hours a week! As I work full time and have a part time job. So I do my best. The thing is I am not struggling to get through the section I come done to 2 answer choices and ultimately choose the wrong one. I did finish the CC and I am currently utilizing “The Loophole” by Ellen Cassidy.

I am not sure what other tactics to employ. Because BR does not work for me.

Well, I can definitely respond to this directly. Getting stuck between two ACs can mean two things:

1. You didn't fully understand the stimulus to be able to make the proper distinction.
    2. There is a single word (maybe a few) that invalidates one of the ACs.

To the first point, you may have to read slower, make better predictions, and hone in on the right AC instead of focusing on elimination. To the second point, I always found it helpful to ask myself "what single word makes this AC wrong?" Most of the time, it actually worked. Now, if you are simply spending too much time differentiating between two ACs, it may be helpful to skip and come back since your best odds of getting the AC right is 50%. Whereas spending too much time and missing questions at the end guarantees you will get them wrong.