Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7Sage and free tutor sessions

Yan WangYan Wang Member
in General 285 karma

After a lengthy study journey for the LSAT and applying for two cycles, I finally got acceptances and scholarships from three high-ranked law schools and picked one based on my needs. I cannot thank 7Sage enough for my LSAT study and for the helpful posts on the admission process. The best way to show my gratitude to the study community on 7Sage is by offering some free one-on-one tutoring sessions to students in need.

My LSAT score is 169. But I got that score from a no-sleep night before the test day, and three internet crushes on the test day. With that said, my practice PTs' average is 173. My strongest suit is the LG. I usually finished section 0/-1 with 3-5 minutes left on my clock. I feel confident about LR too. I can do a medium-difficult section -1 to -3 with 1 /2 minutes left. I struggled with the reading section, but I improved my performance from -10 to -3/-5 and finished all passages on time.

Feel free to PM or leave a comment below if you have any questions about studying for the LSAT or applying to law schools. I'd love to share my experience and opinion.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Congrats on the improvement, your score, and, of course, your acceptances and scholarship! It’s always inspirational to see posts like this. Sorry about the difficulties the night before the test and on test day but, if I’m reading correctly, it seems everything worked out as a result of your hard work. Congrats again and thanks for being willing to give back to this community!

• Yan WangYan Wang Member
    285 karma

Thank you!! Everything worked out pretty well, and I am happy with the results of the applications.

• ncmai20214-1ncmai20214-1 Core Member
    11 karma

Congratulations on your achievement! It seems like you definitely have put in a lot of hard and good work into this process! I messaged you with some questions. :)

edited April 2022 285 karma

Thank you so much! @ncmai20214-1 glad to answer all the questions. The message hasn't come through yet.

• ncmai20214-1ncmai20214-1 Core Member
    11 karma

I just sent it! Thank you!

• Faith BK2LIFaith BK2LI Member
    10 karma

****CONGRATS!!!
    Pm sent :smile:

285 karma

@"Faith BK2LI" replied 😊

• Wild StrawberryWild Strawberry Core Member
    112 karma

Congratulation on your improvements ! I would really appreciate your insight on how did you improve on RC? I am currently having problem with them...(-10 or even -14) plus I always run out of time. Even easy passages take me about 10 min to finish. Could you please provide some tips on how to improve on it ?

285 karma

@Better_Late_Than_Never Hi, thank you so much! I just replied your message. :smile:

• JinglebellsJinglebells Live Member
    64 karma

Hi! Congrats on the outcome!! Would love to hear your insight on improving RC as well!

285 karma

@Jinglebells Hi, thank you so much! I used the structural reading method on 7Sage. It worked for me. I also did some proactive thinking after each passage and before jumping into the reading questions. If you would like to discuss the method in detail, feel free to DM me. Thanks again.

• srobsrob Core Member
    13 karma

Wow this is what I love about the 7sage community! how do we enter the lottery for your free tutoring sessions? Congrats on your journey brother!!

285 karma

@srob Hey, good morning! You don't need the lottery-winning luck to get my free sessions. Please DM me. I will send my booking site info. Thank you!

• Golden BoyGolden Boy Member
    133 karma

Congratulations, Yan! All the best with law school and your future career!

285 karma

@"Eze John" Thank you so much, John! Best luck with the LSAT.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@"Yan Wang" said:
    After a lengthy study journey for the LSAT and applying for two cycles, I finally got acceptances and scholarships from three high-ranked law schools and picked one based on my needs. I cannot thank 7Sage enough for my LSAT study and for the helpful posts on the admission process. The best way to show my gratitude to the study community on 7Sage is by offering some free one-on-one tutoring sessions to students in need.

My LSAT score is 169. But I got that score from a no-sleep night before the test day, and three internet crushes on the test day. With that said, my practice PTs' average is 173. My strongest suit is the LG. I usually finished section 0/-1 with 3-5 minutes left on my clock. I feel confident about LR too. I can do a medium-difficult section -1 to -3 with 1 /2 minutes left. I struggled with the reading section, but I improved my performance from -10 to -3/-5 and finished all passages on time.

Feel free to PM or leave a comment below if you have any questions about studying for the LSAT or applying to law schools. I'd love to share my experience and opinion.

how do you switch back-and-forth on LG between screeen and diagramming plus crossing out choices on paper?

can you elaborate on exact steps you take, how you stepwise switch between looking at screen/paper, and what you draw for each question and answer-choice?

• AJamal22AJamal22 Member
    205 karma

Hey Yan! Congrats on the cycle journey and your acceptances! I wanted to actually ask about your journey and decision to retake and reapply after your first cycle. I recently committed to this journey as well, as I had taken the LSAT a couple of times and although received some law school acceptances, I wasn't pleased with my options. I am currently restudying now and hoping to apply this upcoming cycle again but wanted to ask how that additional year went for you and what steps you took to make your LSAT journey more successful than the previous cycle and also what you did in that year to even further strengthen your application? Thanks.