Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To those struggling...

in General 206 karma

Hey there,

First off all, how's your day going? I find that we all are so rushed to be hyper-productive we have a tendency to forget to check in with each other. So please do comment below or reach out if you want to have a casual conversation.

I'm writing this with an aimed target audience: Those that are carrying 100 responsibilities on their shoulders without the world really knowing. I'm sure a lot of you are lurking in the background, and that is perfectly fine. I might be wrong (hopefully) but I would guess that a big chunk of LSAT test takers are people with big dreams that come with big responsibilities and draining commitments. We commit to a lot of long hours of prep, heavy study schedules, and coffee. Don't get me wrong, I thrive on coffee and stress. Achieving what I set out for myself is what fuels me everyday and makes me happy but it isn't the easiest.

It is even harder when you have 'life things' lurking in the background. With a full-time job, I struggle with major anxiety everyday. I question if I am putting enough time into my law school dream, if I am studying enough for the LSAT. Study sessions slowly get harder and harder. It's not the easiest getting home after 9+ hours of work and spending another 3 studying. But, I promise myself it will be worth it.

I write this with one goal: To remind you (those who got this far into reading my overly lengthy post) that you are not alone. Somedays, you will see tremendous improvement in your prep and will get very happy. Other days, you will have a bad PT day, you might not be as happy but you must remind yourself that you are achieving and progressing nevertheless. Even with a bad PT score, you have the chance to see how the test tricked you and learn from it. At the end of the day, remember that the LSAT is just a game: You are just trying to find ways to trick it, as much as it is trying to trick you. You want to study the LSAT to a point where you stop falling in all the potholes the test takers hide within the test.

Regardless of all that, you just prepping for the test is an achievement of its own. It's not easy to commit to studying, and you are finding ways to do it. Prepping for the LSAT is no easy task, and can make you feel lonely and overly stressed, so please reach out to anyone whenever needed. Myself included. We are all here to see each other achieve, and screw over the LSAT as hard as it is screwing us over some days.

You have a great day, and congrats for making it this far.

F:)

Comments

• 6 karma

Appreciate the positive message. Hope you are well

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

No choice but to keep on pushing, good luck!

• 50 karma

Thank you! Great pick-me-up before I embark on parallel flaw matching!!

• 206 karma

@rollingstones819 said:
    Appreciate the positive message. Hope you are well

Same to you! 😊

• 206 karma

@"Steven_B-1" said:
    No choice but to keep on pushing, good luck!

We willl succeeedddd, thanks!!

• 206 karma

@"keylimequeen88-1" said:
    Thank you! Great pick-me-up before I embark on parallel flaw matching!!

Parallel flaw matching…good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor 😉

• jacobponzolijacobponzoli Member
    edited May 2022 12 karma

This really resonated with me. As someone who struggles with generalized anxiety their whole life, it can be truly debilitating when preparing for my November LSAT. I also work part time, study as a full time student, and work an internship twice a week that is an hour away from my apartment. I am graduating this December, too. All of these things feel like so much, and can really make it hard to progress, especially when it comes to confidence. At the end of the day, even after a crap study day, there is still this feeling inside me I can't describe. Hairs stand up on my neck and I can only describe it as sheer desire and will. I may lack confidence, something I work hard to improve on every day, but I know it is my motivation and work ethic that will get me into the school I am aiming for in 2023.

Thank you for helping me reflect and reminding me to take the time and be gentle. Without kindness, both inside and out, we never can succeed.

• minanicola97minanicola97 Member
    35 karma

I am a man, a head of an household, not married or engaged but live with my family. I Thankyou for posting this. But being by myself in all of this and at age 28, Nobody will ever understand the pain. I’m first generation student and , lemme tell you smthing, this not easy. Every time I lose faith, I pray to God. But deep inside me, I’m not alright. For the sake of the better life that is coming ahead of us. Be strong and love what you do and you will get there. I love you guys.

• casablanca-1casablanca-1 Core Member
    86 karma

Thank you so much! I really needed this

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    edited May 2022 691 karma

Thank you so much for posting it here! I feel the same way like you said on the post and comments! Yes, I feel lonely, stressed, frustrated, daunt myself... I do not dare to tell my friends what I am doing right now as I do not know when it will be ended for my LSAT preparation. Thanks again! I really needed this as well.

• cam__sanocam__sano Core Member
    3 karma

I mostly only use this platform for studying tirelessly but it is nice to check in and remember that there are so many others who feel my pain!! I work full time at a law firm and I study after work and on the weekends but it still does not feel like enough!

• 206 karma

@jacobponzoli said:
    This really resonated with me. As someone who struggles with generalized anxiety their whole life, it can be truly debilitating when preparing for my November LSAT. I also work part time, study as a full time student, and work an internship twice a week that is an hour away from my apartment. I am graduating this December, too. All of these things feel like so much, and can really make it hard to progress, especially when it comes to confidence. At the end of the day, even after a crap study day, there is still this feeling inside me I can't describe. Hairs stand up on my neck and I can only describe it as sheer desire and will. I may lack confidence, something I work hard to improve on every day, but I know it is my motivation and work ethic that will get me into the school I am aiming for in 2023.

Thank you for helping me reflect and reminding me to take the time and be gentle. Without kindness, both inside and out, we never can succeed.

I can't explain how much I relate to this. I think as anxious people the LSAT makes life complicated because it is a constant thought in your mind. I have been pushing taking the LSAT for a long time because I alway convince myself that I won't be able to succeed. But NO MORE, I am just going to work my hardest and see whatever outcome comes from that.

YOU GOT THIS! Really happy to have read your comment.

• 206 karma

@Alice003 said:
    Thank you so much for posting it here! I feel the same way like you said on the post and comments! Yes, I feel lonely, stressed, frustrated, daunt myself... I do not dare to tell my friends what I am doing right now as I do not know when it will be ended for my LSAT preparation. Thanks again! I really needed this as well.

Glad it could help... I had to keep reminding myself that this LSAT journey has nothing to do with the people around me but everything to do with myself and the place I want to get to. Whatever the score you get won't define you! and I am sure you'll do great.

• 206 karma

@samanthacano12 said:
    I mostly only use this platform for studying tirelessly but it is nice to check in and remember that there are so many others who feel my pain!! I work full time at a law firm and I study after work and on the weekends but it still does not feel like enough!

COMPLETELY RELATABLE: I work in corporate and am managing a full program/division on my own. The hours get crazy and it makes my study time limited. Even on the rare days I can fit 3+ hours of studying, it still feels like I am slacking. That just shows how dedicated we are towards this test, but it will be worth it in the end.

• KnightzByAMilli-1KnightzByAMilli-1 Core Member
    13 karma

Really enjoyed this post and can relate to how you're fueled by coffee and stress most times. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing; moderation is for cowards. Gotta give it your all or nothing at all, if you aren't doing everything you can you're doing a disservice to yourself and your bank account. This is the first step in a lengthy legal career, so, regardless of your score if you can't bring yourself to sit down, study, and focus to improve your for yourself it might be worth asking, is this really the field for you? Not giving your all on the first step of what could become a 30+ year endeavor seems a bit foolish to me. I know on 7sage and especially in the forums most people engrain the test in their lives and work to improve whenever they can, I salute you and believe your score will reflect your persistent efforts. Good luck to everyone testing this month, you got this. Stay focused and don't forget that you're only in control of your own actions. Don't worry about tech issues and test material the day of, if an issue happens it happens, what can we really do other than stay alert and ready to fight the demon. When the timer starts it's just you and the questions (and the proctor inside the webcam), the test questions and format is already written, nothing you can do other than your best and take it from there. Don't forget to pour up a nice drink or smoke a little something if that is more your forte, this is what you work so hard for, and if they high score wasn't so valuable you likely wouldn't have dedicated nearly as much time to prep. If it was easy everyone would be 170+, just worry about yourself and do the best you can, set yourself up for your future and stop worrying how everyone else is managing along the way (although at times it is nice to know you aren't in this alone, and that the struggle is real and not just you).