Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling Mode

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited August 2022 in General 5740 karma

Hi everyone,

We plan to make the auto-builder the default for creating drills in about a week or two. Please let us know if you notice any issues using the auto-builder on your end so that we can correct them before it becomes the default.

Currently, you can access the auto-builder by going to the Drills tab and selecting "Use Auto Builder (beta)." See the GIF below:

Please also feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Awesome! Is this AI-powered like the LSAT Demon's drilling feature where you're given questions based on your strengths and weaknesses with past questions?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @"Glutton for the LSAT",

There are four options from which drilling questions are selected from:
    Any: Drill questions from the reserved drilling pool mostly (PT 1-45) of any question type.
    Particular tags: Drill based on specific question types from the reserved drilling pool mostly (PT 1-45).
    Incorrect when last taken - PrepTests: Drill only the questions that you missed from PrepTests.
    Incorrect when last taken - Drilling Pool: Drill only the questions that you missed from past drills.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• NNNNJJJJNNNNJJJJ Alum Member
    54 karma

what do we do if we want to use the old features, like being able to take any section / question? (what if we want to solve problems that we haven't seen before?)

• luffyyyyluffyyyy Live Member
    651 karma

would the default to Drills still be the "Drilling Mode" page that we currently see ? Or do we need to click advanced builder to get to it ?

• Elaf Al-MusawiElaf Al-Musawi Alum Member
    39 karma

Hello,
    I did practice test yesterday and i check the box of modern stimulates. I want to know is that okay? Is the new version of the LSAT consist of three sections instead four? or Should i use the old stimulates with fours section next practice test?
    thanks #help

• pnwrunnerpnwrunner Alum Member
    100 karma

Stated above: "Any: Drill questions from the reserved drilling pool mostly (PT 1-45) of any question type."

I just made a MSS and MP/MC Drill and it selected from PTs 42, 45,57,58, 72. Is there a way to ensure that the Auto Drill only selects from specific ranges of PT test?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@NNNNJJJJ said:
    what do we do if we want to use the old features, like being able to take any section / question? (what if we want to solve problems that we haven't seen before?)

Yes, you can take single sections of a PrepTest by using the "Advanced Builder" feature to create a custom Drill with those sections. Here is how to create a custom Drill:

Navigate to Drill Mode: https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    Select "Advanced Builder"
    Filter PrepTests to show
    Filter Sections (LG, RC, or LR)
    Filter tags by tapping (optional)
    Filter further by typing keywords like "pt36" (optional)
    Tap the plus icon at the leftmost column to add all the questions, or scroll down and mark the questions you want to include with the plus icon on the left
    Finally, tap on "Create Drill with ... questions" located at the bottom of the page

5740 karma

@jessica8871 said:
    would the default to Drills still be the "Drilling Mode" page that we currently see ? Or do we need to click advanced builder to get to it ?

Hi there,

Yes, the default to Drills will be the "Drilling Mode" page as seen in the screenshot below:

5740 karma

@"Elaf Al-Musawi" said:
    Hello,
    I did practice test yesterday and i check the box of modern stimulates. I want to know is that okay? Is the new version of the LSAT consist of three sections instead four? or Should i use the old stimulates with fours section next practice test?
    thanks #help

Hi there,

Starting August 2021 the LSAT now has 4 sections: 3 scored sections (1LR,1 LG, and 1RC), and 1 unscored variable section (either LR, LG, or RC).

If you simulate modern LSAT, this will skip the second LR section and only 3 sections will be scored.

However, PrepTests 90, 91, and 92 are in the format of the new PrepTest. They have 3 scored section and 1 variable experimental section (LR, RC, or LG). The variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

5740 karma

@pnwrunner said:
    Stated above: "Any: Drill questions from the reserved drilling pool mostly (PT 1-45) of any question type."

I just made a MSS and MP/MC Drill and it selected from PTs 42, 45,57,58, 72. Is there a way to ensure that the Auto Drill only selects from specific ranges of PT test?

Hi there,

Sorry, we do not have an option to only select from specific PrepTests when you select the "Any (no limitation)" option. However, the questions will mostly come from PT1-45.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member
    111 karma

Hi Juliet,

Thanks for letting us know. I have a question and comment!

Even though the auto-builder will become the default, we will still be able to build our own sets when we click out of the default, right? I prefer to build my own because I want to "save" questions from later prep tests for PTs and full timed sections.

Another small note- I have noticed a difference in the timer on the drilling function. As someone with accommodations, I have to click on the timer, manually change the 100% to 101%, and then I am able to click on the 150% option. I found the previous timer a lot easier because I was able to add 50% time in a simple click. Thank you!

111 karma

@"Glutton for the LSAT" said:
    Awesome! Is this AI-powered like the LSAT Demon's drilling feature where you're given questions based on your strengths and weaknesses with past questions?

This would be awesome. I like the Demon's drilling feature a lot but I have used 7Sage for over a year and don't want to build new analytics from scratch on another software.

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

@coldbrewithoat said:

@"Glutton for the LSAT" said:

This would be awesome. I like the Demon's drilling feature a lot but I have used 7Sage for over a year and don't want to build new analytics from scratch on another software.

@"J.Y. Ping"and @"Alan Cheuk"

If the LSAT Demon hasn't already patented their drilling software, I hope 7Sage can consider adding its own drilling software based on a user's question history.

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    163 karma

@coldbrewithoat said:
    Hi Juliet,

Even though the auto-builder will become the default, we will still be able to build our own sets when we click out of the default, right? I prefer to build my own because I want to "save" questions from later prep tests for PTs and full timed sections.

Another small note- I have noticed a difference in the timer on the drilling function. As someone with accommodations, I have to click on the timer, manually change the 100% to 101%, and then I am able to click on the 150% option. I found the previous timer a lot easier because I was able to add 50% time in a simple click. Thank you!

Hi there,

Yes, you will still be able to create your custom Problem Sets using the "Advanced Builder" feature. Please see the screenshot below:

I appreciate your feedback on our new Digital Tester timer. You can adjust the time on our new Digital Tester timer from 50 to 300 percent. You have the option to use the "+/-" buttons or the presets to do this.

You can select +50% accommodation by selecting the time adjustment and then clicking on the "timer box" you will then have the option to select 151.4%. After you select 151.4%, click on the "-" button until it says "150%." See the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions

111 karma

@"Jovil --Student Service--" said:

@coldbrewithoat said:
    Hi Juliet,

Hi there,

Yes, you will still be able to create your custom Problem Sets using the "Advanced Builder" feature. Please see the screenshot below:

I appreciate your feedback on our new Digital Tester timer. You can adjust the time on our new Digital Tester timer from 50 to 300 percent. You have the option to use the "+/-" buttons or the presets to do this.

You can select +50% accommodation by selecting the time adjustment and then clicking on the "timer box" you will then have the option to select 151.4%. After you select 151.4%, click on the "-" button until it says "150%." See the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions

Yes, thank you for answering my questions!

It's just a bit inconvenient to click 151.4% and manually scale it down to 150%. I am confused as to why 151.4% is there if accommodations are +50%. I much preferred only having to click one button to simulate accommodated testing conditions!

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    163 karma

@coldbrewithoat said:
    It's just a bit inconvenient to click 151.4% and manually scale it down to 150%. I am confused as to why 151.4% is there if accommodations are +50%. I much preferred only having to click one button to simulate accommodated testing conditions!

Hi there,

I am so sorry about that. Thanks again for your feedback.

I will look into the possibility of having an option to select 150%.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Hi there, is there any way to use the Auto Builder to create problem sets with 25-26 questions to simulate the real testing environment? I would prefer to use the Auto Builder, but only doing 20 questions at a time maximum does not simulate a normal testing environment.

• Maureen --Student Service--Maureen --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    404 karma

@"96christiankelley-1" said:
    Hi there, is there any way to use the Auto Builder to create problem sets with 25-26 questions to simulate the real testing environment? I would prefer to use the Auto Builder, but only doing 20 questions at a time maximum does not simulate a normal testing environment.

Hello there,

Unfortunately, we do not have the option to create a Problem Set with 25-26 questions using the "Auto Builder". You can only create a custom Problem Set with 25-26 questions using the "Advanced Builder" feature. Here are the steps to create a custom Problem Set:

1. Navigate to Drill Mode: https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    2. Select "Advanced Builder"
    3. Filter PrepTests to show
    4. Filter Sections (LG, RC, or LR)
    5. Filter tags by tapping (optional)
    6. Filter further by typing keywords like "pt36" (optional)
    7. Tap the plus icon at the leftmost column to add all the questions, or scroll down and mark the questions you want to include with the plus icon on the left
    8. Finally, tap on "Create Drill with ... questions" located at the bottom of the page

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I am here to help!

edited August 2022 163 karma

@coldbrewithoat said:

Hi there,

I wanted to get back to you on this.

If you are taking a PrepTest, you will still have the option to select the +50% accommodation. See the GIF below:

Note that the 150% accommodation was always actually 151.4% to get to 53min. The only difference is that now we accurately display it as 151.4% instead of rounding down the display to 150%.

When taking a drill, the timing depends on the number of questions/games/passages in the drill. I believe the behavior was the same with the old and the new UI. There is an override for 35m exact timing. However, in order to get other precise timings, you must fiddle with the "-/+" buttons and will not get round minutes. Sorry!

111 karma

@"Jovil --Student Service--" said:

@coldbrewithoat said:

Hi there,

I wanted to get back to you on this.

If you are taking a PrepTest, you will still have the option to select the +50% accommodation. See the GIF below:

Note that the 150% accommodation was always actually 151.4% to get to 53min. The only difference is that now we accurately display it as 151.4% instead of rounding down the display to 150%.

When taking a drill, the timing depends on the number of questions/games/passages in the drill. I believe the behavior was the same with the old and the new UI. There is an override for 35m exact timing. However, in order to get other precise timings, you must fiddle with the "-/+" buttons and will not get round minutes. Sorry!

Ah, thank you. It's good to hear 151.4% accurately reflects the accommodated exam environment. Appreciate it!

• MD3_MD3_MD3_MD3_ Member
    edited August 2022 43 karma

Will it be possible to create drills w/ games/problems in increments of 1? F/x right now I have three logic games w/ incorrect items in them from practice tests, but I can only create drills composed of 1, 2, or 4 games. It would be nice to set a 25ish minute timer and deal with 3 games in one drill.

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited August 2022 848 karma

Hi @MD3_MD3_ ,

Sorry, we do not have an option to create drills with games/problems in increments of 1. We only have an option to create LG drills with 1,2, or 4 games, but I'll pass this on to my team for consideration!

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’m happy to help!

• BandmanrillBandmanrill Yearly Member
    14 karma

I know it was mentioned that the autobuilder takes questions primarily from PT 1-45. However, it is quite frustrating that it also takes questions past this point. I've had multiple questions in the 60's, 80's, which are all unused PT's for me so far. Would love to use this feature because it is convenient, but I do not like the randomness in PT question selection.