Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on a 3rd Retake

168/3.79168/3.79 Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma
thoughts on writing the LSAT for a third time? Let's say my score decreases on the third write, how much does this impact me? What if I choose to cancel after the third write? How does that impact an application?

For context, I scored a 162 on my first write, a 168 on my second write, and PTed (over 30 tests) at 173.

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    IF your 3rd take is lower than a 168, schools will look at the 168. You have a decent gpa so I'm willing to get into a T14 for sure.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I'd retake if I were you man! go for it and work hard for it :)
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I would apply to schools now regardless though.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @168/3.79
    Your numbers now will most likely get you into Georgetown and Cornell, FWIW.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you're a URM you could get at least half the T14 with what you have...and likely a few if you're not... Was your average a 173 or was that your highest score? What was the average of your 3-5 most recent PTs before the test?

A third retake will not hurt you regardless (4+ is the general consensus of when things start to get iffy). A lower or cancelled score will have no effect and a higher one will be great so go for it if you want, there's no harm to be done.