Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for scoring -2 on LR and RC

I can consistently get -3/4 on LR and RC, but I struggle with getting less than 2 wrong. My goal is 170+ so the difference between missing 3 vs missing 2 per section matters. When I blind review, I never seem to realize what I did to get the answer wrong, I only understand after seeing the explanation. Usually its very minor things such as a word that makes the answer less strong, or maybe the right answer was just stronger. Regardless, I know there has to be some way to get better and I am stuck. Any tips?

Comments

• Claudia77Claudia77 Member
    106 karma

After BR, do you review your wrong answers prior to looking at the explanations? If not, I would recommend doing this. While blind review is useful, I found it even more useful to review questions I knew I had got wrong and attack them until I could articulate why the correct answer is right and why the other answers are wrong. I intentionally refrained from looking at explanations until I had figured out the correct answer and could justify it. I feel like doing this is so important because it really helps improve your ability to solve tougher questions. IMO this is probably the most important step in the studying process, and I don't think I would have gotten to 0/-1 on LR without doing it.

• KevinLuminateLSATKevinLuminateLSAT Alum Member
    983 karma

Have you tried coming up with parallel arguments and parallel correct/trap answers for the questions that you got wrong or flagged? That can be a great way to solidify your understanding of the exact issue in the argument/answers that the LSAT was testing.

In addition, make sure you regularly return to questions that you had trouble with to walk through the ideal thought process. You could try creating a problem set of all the LR/RC that you got wrong in the past few months and work through them again. It doesn't matter if you remember the correct answer - work through each problem and make sure to follow the ideal thought process from start to finish. This also gives you a chance to notice common issues that have arisen in the mistakes you've made. When you make so few, it can be difficult to notice any patterns from exam to exam. But when you collect dozens of problems you've gotten wrong over the past few months, you'll start to see some recurring issues.

• amandatkim11amandatkim11 Member
    32 karma

Thank you both! I will give it a shot.