Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Prep Tests should I do?

bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
edited July 2015 in General 522 karma
I finished the core course about 2 weeks ago, and am now in prep test mode.

I will be done Prep Tests 39-45, by next Wednesday, and unfortunately I don't have 46 until 51. I could obtain those from Amazon, or I could move to Prep test 52 and beyond.

I'm planning on doing the Oct LSAT, and am currently doing 3 prep tests a week, although I think 2 would allow me to blind review tests better. By my current pace I'd be done the prep tests a couple days before Oct 3rd, but I'd really have to neglect school potentially as it starts in Sep, and still manage 3 prep tests a week.

So should I jump to 52, or obtain and complete 46-51?

Comments

• nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    Hmm...the more recent PTs will be more like the one we will see on test day but the older ones are still helpful. I am doing 3-4 a week and I work 50ish hours a week. If you can handle it try PT one day BR the next. If you think you will get burnt out though then don't do that. With that said personally I want to get as much experience of seeing raw material that I have never seen before in my life as possible. Plus, BR is most effective within that 24-48 hour period when you can better see your trends.

Just some thoughts. Hope they help.
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited July 2015 522 karma
    @nordeend said:
    Plus, BR is most effective within that 24-48 hour period when you can better see your trends.
    I take PTs at my uni library that's open M-F. I do PTs on M, W, and F. So basically I review it for a full day after I write it, and on Sunday it's kind of my off day where I'll either go through some 7sage course stuff, or read trainer etc.

Idk how you can write 4, I can feel myself getting burnt out by doing that, might be counter intuitive. Even 3 I feel like might be a little too much, but I know I have to at least do that much.
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    edited July 2015 349 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    Idk how you can write 4
    I'm currently working that out. I basically just want to get through all the PTs and it is around 3.33 a week right now so I have to take 4 for one maybe two weeks.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 3462 karma
    I would focus on 2 PT since it allows you to BR them better. BR is the most important concept once you get to PTs. I won't take a PT if I know I won't have enough time to fully BR that PT because I've learn the importance of BR. Is your aim to take every PT available 36-72? If so, I would purchase them on Amazon but if you're ready to move on to PT 52 before you book arrives I would skip around and get it done, thoroughly BR and then continue with 46-51.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It's only a handful of PTs so I'd say don't worry about them for now since you may not get through everything else anyways. I also recommend skipping around a bit to get a feel for newer tests earlier on so its not as big a hit to your score when they show up later.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    I will be done Prep Tests 39-45, by next Wednesday, and unfortunately I don't have 46 until 51. I could obtain those from Amazon, or I could move to Prep test 52 and beyond.
    Well, that's only 5 tests. I wouldn't sweat it. While there are a few valuable lessons/experiences to come from that range of tests (namely 2 of the craziest RC passages of all time as well as some crazy games), I think you might as well go ahead and skip to 52 and continue on. Maybe if you've got time, get 46-51.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Not to be that guy but 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, and 51 is six tests... But your point still stands :P
    I've decided to purchase the .pdfs off Cambridge for 46-51, meaning I won't have to wait for a book to arrive, plus I like writing them like this as opposed to the bulky booklets Amazon has.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    46, 47, 48, 49, 50, and 51 is six tests...
    STOP IT

ok you caught me ... maths is hard ...
    7965 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    I've decided to purchase the .pdfs off Cambridge for 46-51, meaning I won't have to wait for a book to arrive, plus I like writing them like this as opposed to the bulky booklets Amazon has.
    Yeah I think this is a good call !
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    @Pacifico said:
    STOP IT

Did this just turn into an SAT prep forum too! Lol the college board loves that kind of question
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    @Pacifico said:
    STOP IT

Did this just turn into an SAT prep forum too! Lol the college board loves that kind of question

A friend of mine asked me if I enjoyed the math section on the LSAT. I was like ... Hold on I just had horrific visions of an LSAT that had LR, LG, RC, and MR (mathematical reasoning or SOMETHING) and it was the worst thing I have ever imagined. Calculators = never again. Except maybe in Taxation or something but ... OH I hope they're gentle ...
    LOL a math section.

Oh my god.

My sister thinks I have it easy, as the LSAT doesn't have a soap carving section, like the DAT haha.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I can't wait for your experimental section to be mathematical reasoning

(and for new LSAT students, no this is not possible lol. Just imagining someone casually reading these posts, freaking out, and rushing to brush up on their algebra 2 skills)
    7965 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    LSAT doesn't have a soap carving section
    I would do *anything* for a soap carving section on the LSAT ...