Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Study Group Discord Servers

bailey.luberbailey.luber Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited August 2023 in Study Groups 349 karma

Calling all 7Sagers looking for an effective way to study together!

We've put together three Discord servers that you may join to streamline the process of finding study groups that actually help you reach your goals. We've organized them into three LSAT Reported Score bands: the 145-155 range, 155-165, and 165-175+. Feel free to join one of these based on where you're already scoring on recent PrepTests and/or whichever range best fits your goals!

145-155 Scorers: https://discord.gg/QuSZCU8e

155-165 Scorers: https://discord.gg/6YdFx2DB

165-175+ Scorers: https://discord.gg/xnvw7kms

(UPDATE 8/21: the invite links broke AGAIN; they have NOW been replaced. I promise I'm selecting "set this link to never expire" but they keep expiring anyways! If anyone is a Discord genius please DM me.)

These groups will only work if you all contribute to them. So please––join, explore, start new conversations, respond to others, and keep thinking about how to make these even better! Comment below this post with any and all questions.

⛵️ Bon voyage, new Study Group members! ⛵️

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    edited July 2023 2249 karma

These study groups should have a way of verifying test scores, maybe by letting users input their latest practice exams (the more the better) into these things because as it is, this is just the honor system all over again.

• tingchetaitingchetai Core Member
    9 karma

The invitation for 155-165 is not effective.

• Sashell - Student ServiceSashell - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    253 karma

Hi @tingchetai,

I'm sorry about that. We just updated the post with the correct links.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• bailey.luberbailey.luber Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    349 karma

@Ashley2018-1 I agree that this would be helpful in the future, but for the interim let's use the honor system as someone joining a group that they aren't ready for (or that they are already scoring above) is really only doing a disservice to themselves and doesn't disadvantage others! Open to more thoughts on this.

349 karma

@tingchetai Thank you for letting us know! The links are all updated and effective now.

349 karma

Hi all!

Let's kick these groups off with your first "assignment." Check out the #announcements-events and #session-planning channels in your group to see the assignment and plan when to meet and go over it together. I'm keeping it simple and asking you each to complete an LR section, but DON'T look at the answers. Then, find a time to meet in groups to Blind Review the questions together and talk through your reasoning!

Everyone will be completing PT65 S4, based on 7Sage's numbering system, NOT LawHub's. It's just the second LR section from the Dec 2011 LSAT. Then, you will try meeting with other group members in your score range to go over it. Myself or another tutor will be ~lurking~ on the comment section for this forum post as well as the #help channels in each Discord group throughout the day on Wednesday August 2nd (ONE WEEK from today) to answer any questions you have about this section.

That's your deadline to complete the section and post a time in the #session-planning channels that you can meet to discuss it and/or join another group who is already meeting. Comment below with any questions and happy studying!

• SlowDownSlowDown Alum Member
    84 karma

@"bailey.luber" Proposing one or two specific times might be a more effective approach for the review discussions. I suspect groups of strangers in various time-zones will have a hard time coordinated by ourselves.

• barneskyler47barneskyler47 Alum Member
    18 karma

None of these links work as of today.

• rgul7890rgul7890 Live Member
    26 karma

Looking for valid links. Thank you

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

Hey @barneskyler47 and @rgul7890 , thanks for letting us know! I'll work on getting the links update and I'll let you know as soon as they're updated.

• robertdelapena88robertdelapena88 Free Trial Member
    edited August 2023 3 karma

Discussion Title: August LSAT Study Group for Scorers 150 - 165

👥 Study Group Name: Nolo Contendre

🔢 I'm currently scoring:153

📆 My planned test date: January 12

📈 To study, I have been: FlashCards/Formal Logic, C bc E LR, Deductions LG, Sign Post RC

🔑 My goals for this group are: Timed Drills, Accountabilty, Open Dialogue on Strategy

🔍 We'll focus on: LG, LR, RC in Rotation

📚 When we'll meet and what we'll do: ID what we want to achieve, how we plan to achieve, hold eachother accountable, practice, practice, practice

✅ How to join: Join My Discord @ https://discord.gg/SdGR9vvV or Email Me Directly

• ethanjeffusethanjeffus Live Member
    7 karma

Can someone please send new links to join the discord?

• ccs84972ccs84972 Alum Member
    3 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--" Hi, are the updated discord links still not working?

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@barneskyler47, @rgul7890, @ethanjeffus and @ccs84972 ,

Apologies for the delay. We've gone ahead and fixed the discord links, so they should be up and running now.

But if you're still having trouble joining, just let me know – I'm here to help!

• rgul7890rgul7890 Live Member
    26 karma

thank you!

• greyzeldagreyzelda Live Member
    15 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--" can you resend link

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma

hello, the link for 145 is not working, is there a new one?

349 karma

@Nanchito-1-1 @greyzelda I just updated the links again. Sorry for the inconvenience! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited August 2023 601 karma

Hi @robertdelapena88! I removed your email address. Please don't post your email address or phone number publicly. Spam bots might pick up your email address & number, and you'll get spam. If you want to share either of these contact details, you can use direct messaging. Thanks!