Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I cancel my Score ?

lawschoolqueen123lawschoolqueen123 Core Member
edited September 2023 in August 2023 LSAT 6 karma

Hello everyone I was hoping to gain some advice from other people experienced/ currently taking the LSAT. I took the LSAT after 1 month of studying in June 2023 and got a 155. I studied solidly for 2 more months and planned to take the August sitting. Like many of us, I had proctoring issues in the first take of the August 2023 LSAT so I opted for a retake a week later which I also had (less) but still some distracting proctoring issues which lead me to loose focus and completely panic but I still decided to not cancel my score as I was hopeful even though I was completely thrown off I could still do well. My score unfortunately dropped to a 154 which is around 8 points below what I was averaging/ hoping to get on the test day. I have signed up to retake it in October but am unsure about whether I should cancel the August score considering it isn't even that different to my June score and a cancellation could indicate that I actually did far worse than 155. Further, if something goes wrong in October I would hate to have a double cancellation on my application. My current gut feeling is to not cancel it and leave it as is but I would appreciate some advice. Thank you :)

Comments

• kendra.kalafkendra.kalaf Core Member
    10 karma

Hi, we are in a very similar boat but my 154 and 155 were switched and I am also signed up for October. I think the amount of August test scores that are cancelled may be higher than average because of all of the issues, so if you are confident that you would get a much higher score in October, then cancelling may be a good option (especially if you want to retake after October)