Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New LSAT: Goodbye LG, Hello LR

Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
edited October 2023 in General 406 karma

Big news: starting in August 2024, the LSAT will no longer include a Logic Games section. Instead, it will have a second Logical Reasoning section.

Read more about this change and how we're helping test-takers prepare in this blog post.

Check out our new score converter tool, which lets you use old PTs to get a sense for how you'd score on the two-LR version of the test.

Here are instructions on how to access our brand-new LR curriculum, part of V2 of our Core Curriculum.

Comments

• hanwu8611hanwu8611 Core Member
    24 karma

Does this mean there could be a total of 3 logical reasoning sections (including the one that doesn’t count)?

• Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
    406 karma

@hanwu8611 said:
    Does this mean there could be a total of 3 logical reasoning sections (including the one that doesn’t count)?

Yup! You could get a Logical Reasoning experimental section, meaning you'd have a total of three Logical Reasoning sections.

• mitsumikinniemitsumikinnie Core Member
    6 karma

When I try to access the new curriculum using the method described in the article, and press "save changes," it gives me an error, stating "There has been a critical error on this website." Is there a way to fix this?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1516 karma

@rinchannau said:
    When I try to access the new curriculum using the method described in the article, and press "save changes," it gives me an error, stating "There has been a critical error on this website." Is there a way to fix this?

I am so sorry for the trouble! I just provided your account access to CCv2. You can now switch to CCv2 by clicking "Switch to v2" in the Syllabus. See the screenshot below:

However, if you are still having some issues please let me know!

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    edited October 2023 272 karma

I just switched to V2 but had made it through foundations and more than halfway through LR in V1. Should I start fresh or pick up in LR? Is the curriculum that different?

help

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited October 2023 646 karma

@"il-legally-brunette" There's no need to redo modules that you've already done unless you find yourself needing a refresher, but we think that Version 2 approaches LR in a more unified theoretical framework, which can help with your learning process!

Note that what's changed are the Foundations and Logical Reasoning lessons. The RC and LG sections are still the same; the only difference is that we removed the older lessons and pre-made problem sets in these two.

• azamjonm17azamjonm17 Live Member
    11 karma

Are pre 2024 August test takers encouraged to use the new curriculum?

• mxddie.smxddie.s Live Member
    11 karma

This is great, but unfortunately, I have to take the test in January with the logic games (my weakest section). The logical reasoning questions are actually my favorite, and I do well on them--ugh!

• hokageeehokageee Live Member
    70 karma

hi, i took a pt this morning and noticed there was no label on which LR was"experimental". Is this because of the recent changes? How can we see which one was experimental?

• oi0o9oi0o9 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@hanwu8611 said:

Absolutely! You might encounter a Logical Reasoning experimental section, which implies that you'd be dealing with a total of three Logical Reasoning sections.

• jeheckenjehecken Alum Member
    6 karma

I'm planning on taking the test in August, but I've really gotten into the groove of the v.1 syllabus and don't really want to switch over to the v.2 since I've already done a fair amount of the LR from the v.1 -- how beneficial is the change in LR lessons, how much would I be missing out on if I stay with the v.1?

• Rio MedinaRio Medina Live Member
    3 karma

@"mxddie.s" said:
    This is great, but unfortunately, I have to take the test in January with the logic games (my weakest section). The logical reasoning questions are actually my favorite, and I do well on them--ugh!

I agree, will 7sage have any support available other than the Drills to support the LG test takers?