Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necessary assumption woes.

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
I currently suck at this question type. I mean I do not have a clue on what I am doing even when applying the negation test. what is a good strategy to get over these woes?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Are you familiar with the negation technique? Blocking? Bridging?
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Yes, I am I just started the lesson on NA today, but they are just not clicking at all. I literally just do not know what to do on this question type. Usually when I introduce myself to a new QT I am not bad at it, but with this its like a blind owl lol.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Trust the process... go through the lessons and the questions... if it still doesn't click, try the first problem set... and blind review the questions you try... during BR in the beginning, negate every answer choice and see if it wrecks the argument just to practice the skill... it should help you see the light a bit...
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I agree with @Pacifico ! Go through each question and negate the answer choice and ask yourself "does this ruin in the argument?". If it does, you've found the right answer! If not, keep looking! NA I found, too, to be quite difficult, but eventually they click and become intuitive. Don't give up! :D
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @goalis180 said:
    I just started the lesson on NA today
    You should expect to require more than a day to get a handle on these concepts :)
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    221 karma
    I just recently went through this section. The first day, I was doing some of the problems and it just wasn't clicking. I got almost every problem I tried wrong so I stopped about halfway through the sample problems on 7sage. I took about a week off, worked on other aspects, and came back to NA today. After reviewing how to approach these questions, I answered almost all of the remaining questions I had correctly
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I had the same problem the first day going through NA. Take it slow, you'll get it soon.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @DaveH162 said:
    The first day, I was doing some of the problems and it just wasn't clicking. I got almost every problem I tried wrong so I stopped about halfway through the sample problems on 7sage. I took about a week off, worked on other aspects, and came back to NA today.
    See, there ya go. Walk away, let the meat marinate, then pop it on the grill. You got this!!!
    531 karma
    @ everbody on this thread you are all awesome. Thank you for the support. I am on the grind now doing NA, I shall conquer them!
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    There's also some good advice about NA here:

http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/20239
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Check out this specific NA question. It's a great question and a great explanation by JY.

http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-41-section-1-question-24/
    531 karma
    @ENTJ I will have to check that question out after I use that PT. Thank you.