Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official January 2024 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited January 15 in January 2024 LSAT 1453 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official January 2024 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the January 2024 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, January 16th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the January 2024 LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the January 2024 LSAT here!

Comments

• erikmmayererikmmayer Core Member
    edited January 13 21 karma

Found the last 2 LG games to be harder than others on later PT’s… anyone else?

• zhiyi0622zhiyi0622 Core Member
    14 karma

@erikmmayer said:
    Found the last 2 LG games to be harder than others on later PT’s… anyone else?

agree😭

• cyndin210cyndin210 Core Member
    2 karma

It seemed more difficult than November. I struggled with effectively utilizing my time.

• arapoarapo Member
    4 karma

I had two reading comps back to back (sections 2 and 3) with one being easy and the second one being pretty difficult

• megan.m.cohenmegan.m.cohen Core Member
    8 karma

Did pretty awful on the last LG, the game setup was taking me too long and I rushed into the questions. I didn't think LR or RC were terrible. Fingers crossed I did better than in October!

• jw358jw358 Alum Member
    14 karma

thought the test overall was harder than Nov. but I think I did better managing my time... hoping this translates to better scores

• Hope WyattHope Wyatt Live Member
    38 karma

I had 2 LR sections the first was DEF harder. Don't feel great about it or the second logic game. RC was pretty great for me and only worried about the second passage. Overall feel I need another go at it but for my first one it wasn't horrible.

• gntierney01gntierney01 Alum Member
    4 karma

Did anyone else breeze through LG? No in/outs and time to spare. Hoping it doesn't mean I missed something major

• Luisoperez2004Luisoperez2004 Core Member
    4 karma

Anyone know when the score comes out???

• info-34info-34 Alum Member
    9 karma

I got winded during the RC section. Started guessing. It started off all work with ProMetric issues. I ended up starting the test an hour late and it all just threw me off. If I have to take it again I will do an in person, paper test.

• bailey.luberbailey.luber Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    349 karma

@Luisoperez2004 Scores come out on January 31st! Here's LSAC's site with all the official test dates and score releases: https://www.lsac.org/LSATdates

38 karma

Im just realizing my test score may be invalidated. My proctor doing my environment check had a THICK accent and spoke fast even when I asked her to slow down. I swear she said show me the four corners of your roof and now im realizing it was probably room. I fr showed this woman the 4 corners of my ceiling and waited for her to ask to see the rest of the room and she never did she just said okay 😭

• KoolfiprepKoolfiprep Alum Member
    13 karma

@"Hope Wyatt" said:
    Im just realizing my test score may be invalidated. My proctor doing my environment check had a THICK accent and spoke fast even when I asked her to slow down. I swear she said show me the four corners of your roof and now im realizing it was probably room. I fr showed this woman the 4 corners of my ceiling and waited for her to ask to see the rest of the room and she never did she just said okay 😭

Yes same here. It was really hard to understand the proctor with her accent, and on top of that there were people in the back talking very loud, making it even harder to understand.
    The proctor also distracted me by sending me a msg in the chat that "I can't talk out loud" while I was on LG section. I didn't think I was talking loud at all, but it made me so nervous that I lost some time trying to recover from it.

38 karma

Yes same here. It was really hard to understand the proctor with her accent, and on top of that there were people in the back talking very loud, making it even harder to understand.
    The proctor also distracted me by sending me a msg in the chat that "I can't talk out loud" while I was on LG section. I didn't think I was talking loud at all, but it made me so nervous that I lost some time trying to recover from it.

I called the LSAC help line and they were able to tell me there was no mark on my profile to review the test or anything that could cause an invalidating score! Try to call them for sure but if they proctor claimed you were speaking out loud it may flag your test. Flag doesn't automatically mean invalidate from what I was explained, just the score may take longer to get.

• Happy-gt172Happy-gt172 Core Member
    95 karma

I took the international January test, is there any chance that the experimental section may be a different section than the one talked about on the Powerscore podcast? I had the exact same LR RC but LG was completely different, despite having 2 LR sections.

• TRAPPEDUNDERLSATTRAPPEDUNDERLSAT Core Member
    114 karma

Wtffffff