Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

81st Percentile on October LSAT, should I take it again?

dilldrummer12dilldrummer12 Core Member

I began studying for the LSAT in January of this year and bought my 7sage subscription in February. I began studying off and on (life happens) until August. Once August rolled around, I took off from my job to study really hard for a month before the October LSAT. I spent hours a day studying and would take one practice test a week for a month. For reference, my diagnostic score was a 156, and I had taken 2 PT in June with a score of 156 and 154 respectively. AS I began to study and take my weekly PT in the month leading up to the October test. I had the following 3 scores in order: 154, 152, 157 (BR: 156, 158, 157).

I just got my October score back today an I scored a 162, which is the highest score I've ever received (I've never gotten a BR score that high) That puts me at the 81st percentile and I am super happy with my score. The law school I want to attend (though please understand I'll be applying to more than just this school) has a 50th percentile of 156 and a 25th percentile of a 159. I'll have a 3.99 GPA by the time I graduate so I have no worries there.

While I haven't continued such a strenuous study regime. I do practice problems once a week as the head of the Pre-Law LSAT study group on my college campus. So I could quickly pick back up studying to improve if needed.

Given all that information, should I go back in and try to take the exam again for an even higher score, or should I take my score I have with my super high GPA, along with a really good personal statement and try to get into school with what I have?

All of your responses are greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best of luck on your own LSAT journeys! You can do it!

Comments

• cdot9000cdot9000 Live Member
    148 karma

Nah I think you're good to go! Esp if you have no yet hit that high of a score, don't be the person who goes back for round 2 & scores lower. I would advise differently if you had continued studying / were scoring higher than that currently on PT's or if the school you wanted to attend had different medians -- I think you have a really good shot! (although take this with a grain of salt plz)

• zswalsh1zswalsh1 Core Member
    24 karma

The above comment brings up a good point about potentially scoring lower on a future exam. Although school's place greater weight on your highest score, admission officers might still be concerned if you re-took and scored lower.

However, scholarship $$$ is also something to consider. With a diagnostic in the mid 150s, you could have a great shot at a higher official score with additional studying, leading to potentially higher scholarship offers. It ultimately comes down to what your goals / priorities are and whether additional studying for a (potentially) higher score is worth it to you.