Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syllabus issues

rgrover116rgrover116 Alum Member
I have gone through several lessons tonight, however, when I check my syllabus, it does not show that I completed them. I clicked the next button at the end of each lesson until I was done with a section. So far, I can keep track of where I am but I am afraid once I get further, I will get confused as to what I have or haven't done.

Any reason this is not working? Thanks!

Comments

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3076 karma
    Hi @rgrover116, just earlier today we rolled out an update that makes going to the next lesson way faster on Chrome. In order to do that we had to change the way the website records completed lessons when you go to the next lesson.

We can roll back the change, but before we do that I want to see if we can keep that performance enhancement while also solving this issue.

It's testing successfully on Mac Chrome, Safari and Firefox. What browser/OS are you using? Does it always fail, or sometimes fail? Do you have javascript turned off or any script blocking browser extensions/plugins/addons?

In the meantime, you can manually mark lessons as complete by tapping the little checkmark to the left of the lesson. Sorry for the trouble! I want to get this fixed for you. The more information you can give me about what you are experiencing, the faster we can get to the bottom of this.

If anyone else noticed something like this, please also let me know!
  • rgrover116rgrover116 Alum Member
    15 karma
    I am using chrome on windows. It is always failing. I checked my settings and I do have javascript turned on for all websites. I don't believe i have any extensions/plugins/addons running.

I did not realize you can click on the checkmark. That works for now.

Thanks for you help in figuring this out!
  • LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    @"Alan Cheuk"

I am now having this problem as well. I am aware that you can "star" but I prefer to have stars next to specific lessons and not every single one, yesterday and the days before this issue did not happen.

Thanks.
  • lsatonmymindlsatonmymind Alum Member
    135 karma
    Hi, I am experiencing the same problem too. Just like rgrover116, I am using Chrome on windows with Javascript turned on. I have been experiencing this problem from this afternoon.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Thanks guys! Until we get a fix out, you can check off lessons you've completed like this:
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as reported above by others & java is on, using chrome.
  • ampalacios329ampalacios329 Member
    34 karma
    I'm having the same issue. I always use Chrome and previously the completed lessons were being marked. However, yesterday I noticed that completed lessons were not being marked.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3076 karma
    @rgrover116 @LeoA1994 @crazylsatprepper @Sheri123 @ampalacios329

I think that the updated script files might not have made it from the server to your browsers. I cleared all the server caches just a moment ago.

Could you please try a force refresh on your browser (instructions for each browser here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache) and let me know if it helps or if it is still happening?

Thanks for bearing with us through this!
  • LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    @"Alan Cheuk" said:
    Thanks for bearing with us through this!
    Thanks, it's fixed now!